IBM Cloud Pak for Applications - Self-Paced Technical Exploration (VW013G-WBT)
This course is designed to explain how to move applications from a monolithic architecture to microservices, and develop cloud native applications with DevOps and modernization toolkits.
The IBM Cloud Pak™ for Applications provides a hybrid foundation that is built on open standards, and enables workloads and data to run anywhere. It includes a self-service environment that combines open source tools with your existing middleware for continuous integration and delivery, compliance, and visibility across secure, hybrid, multi-cloud environments. You can use it to modernize your existing applications and develop new cloud-native applications for deployment on any cloud. The IBM Cloud Pak™ for Applications runs on Red Hat® OpenShift®.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
This course is intended for system architects, developers, network administrators, and designers who need to move applications from a monolithic architecture to microservices with DevOps methodologies and modernization toolkits.
Before taking this course, you should have a strong foundation in cloud computing, experience using Red Hat OpenShift, and the following foundational skills:
- Basic understanding of cloud computing
- Working knowledge of developing microservices
- Familiarity with technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with DevOps tools and processes
After completing this course, you should be able to find learning resources on the following topics:
- IBM Cloud Pak for Applications architecture and components
- Moving and modernizing applications
- Developing cloud native applications
- Using DevOps tools
- Using frameworks and runtimes