Office 365 Administration and Troubleshooting (10997B)
This course is intended for IT professionals and system administrators who want to learn about administration and troubleshooting techniques in Office 365. These professionals should have at least three years of experience working in their respective fields: ideally in the areas of system administration, network administration, and messaging.
About Microsoft Official Course On-Demand
MOC On-Demand is an integrated combination of video, text, practical tasks and knowledge tests designed to help IT experts and developers to expand their knowledge about Microsoft technologies. The courses are a great alternative for anyone wanting to learn independently and at their own pace. They can also be used in the form of a Blended Class together with managed training courses, or as the basis for training solutions with mentoring and other learning programmes.
All Labs within a course can be accessed via the Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) platform. Participants enrolled on a course can start the Labs directly from within a course; they do not need to be set up separately.
Licence codes purchased for the new Skillpipe MOC On-Demand courses can now all be found in the "Digital Library" section. The licence codes for these courses are now provided via the Management Dashboard, just like for the dMOC courses.
Office 365 Administration and Troubleshooting (90 Day)System requirements for Skillpipe MOC On-Demand
- Browser: current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome™ or Firefox®
- Internet access: broadband Internet connection (recommended: network bandwidth of over 4Mbps)
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Office 365 services.
- Administer Office 365 by using the graphical environment and Windows PowerShell.
- Administer and troubleshoot directory synchronization and directory objects.
- Administer and troubleshoot Exchange Online.
- Administer and troubleshoot Skype for Business Online and Microsoft Teams.
- Administer and troubleshoot SharePoint Online.
- Plan and deploy Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus.
- Administer and troubleshoot compliance and security in Office 365
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or newer.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- A minimum of one year experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.Experience working with Windows Powershell.
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 or newer, Microsoft Lync 2013 Server or Skype for Business 2015 Server, and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 or newer is beneficial but not required.
Module 1: Office 365 services overview
This module describes the features of Office 365 and identifies recent improvements to the service. It also identifies licensing options, describes the process of Office 365 tenant configuration, and lists appropriate Office 365 client options.
- Overview of Office 365 services
- Office 365 licensing overview
- Office 365 tenant configuration
- Office 365 clients
Module 2: Office 365 administration, tools, and techniques
This module describes how to manage Office 365 by using the administrative portals and Windows PowerShell. It also explains how to manage administrative access and troubleshoot administration in Office 365.
- Managing Office 365 with the administrative portals
- Managing Office 365 with Windows PowerShell
- Managing administrative access in Office 365
- Troubleshooting administration in Office 365
Module 3: Administering and troubleshooting directory synchronization and directory objects
This module describes directory synchronization and federation. The module explains how to manage Microsoft Azure Active Directory Connect (Azure AD Connect) and user and group objects in Office 365. Additionally, it describes how to troubleshoot objects and directory synchronization in Office 365.
- Overview of directory synchronization and federation overview
- Azure AD Connect management
- Managing users and groups objects in Office 365
- Troubleshooting objects and directory synchronization in Office 365
Module 4: Administering and troubleshooting Exchange Online
This module describes the subscription options and roles in Exchange Online. It explains how to administer Exchange Online recipients and client access policies in Exchange Online and how to troubleshoot Exchange Online.
- Exchange Online management overview
- Administering Exchange Online recipients
- Administering client access policies in Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
Module 5: Administering and troubleshooting Skype for Business Online and Teams
This module describes Skype for Business Online and Teams. It explains how to administer, manage, and troubleshoot Skype for Business Online and Teams.
- Skype for Business Online and Teams overview
- Administering and managing Skype for Business Online and Teams
- Troubleshooting Skype for Business Online and Teams
Module 6: Administering and troubleshooting SharePoint Online
This module describes how to configure SharePoint Online settings and site collections and external user access to SharePoint Online. It also explains how to manage Microsoft OneDrive for Business synchronization and how to troubleshoot SharePoint Online.
- SharePoint Online management overview
- Administering SharePoint Online site collections
- Administering external users in SharePoint Online
- Configuring OneDrive for Business
- Troubleshooting SharePoint Online
Module 7: Planning and deploying Office 365 ProPlus
This module describes Office 365 ProPlus. It also explains how to plan and manage user-driven Office 365 ProPlus deployments and how to troubleshoot the deployments.
- Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
- Managing user-driven Office 365 ProPlus deployments
- Troubleshooting Office 365 ProPlus deployments
Module 8: Administering and troubleshooting compliance and security in Office 365
This module describes the compliance features in Office 365. It explains how to administer Azure Information Protection and the compliance features in Office 365, how to configure and administer email security in Office 365, and how to troubleshoot Office 365 compliance and protection.
- Overview of compliance features in Office 365
- Administering information protection in Office 365
- Administering compliance features in Office 365
- Configuring and administering email security in Office 365
- Troubleshooting Office 365 compliance and protection