Learn Microsoft Access 2010 Step by Step, Level 2 (50533A)
This course is intended for information workers who want to learn intermediate-level Access 2010 skills.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic file-management skills.
- Basic knowledge of the Access 2010 interface and database, table, and form creation and manipulation.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Restrict the type of data.
- Restrict the amount of data.
- Restrict the format of data.
- Restrict data by using validation rules.
- Restrict data to values in lists.
- Restrict data to values in other tables.
- Modify forms created by using a wizard.
- Add controls.
- Add subforms.
- Use e-mail forms to collect data.
- Create queries by using a wizard.
- Create queries manually.
- Use queries to summarize data.
- Use queries to perform calculations.
- Use queries to update records.
- Use queries to delete records.
- Create reports manually.
- Modify report content.
- Add subreports.
Module 1: Maintain Data Integrity
This module explains how to ways to help ensure the accuracy of data entered into a database.
This module explains how to customize forms to facilitate data entry and display.
This module explains how to use the Query wizard to create a select query, how to use the Query Designer to created less common queries, and how to perform calculations and update and delete table information.
This module explains how to extract information from a database as a report. It also explains how to modify a report content and add a subreport.