Create, test, and maintain Java EE-compliant applications from start to finish and exam (JB226)
Create, test, maintain Java EE-compliant applications
Learn how to create, test, and maintain Java EE-compliant applications from start to finish using the Eclipse-based Red Hat® JBoss Developer Studio.
Create a fully functional enterprise Java application
Comprehensive lectures and extensive use-case, hands-on labs introduce you to enterprise application development using Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6, Contexts and Dependency I, Arquillian, JBoss Hibernate, RESTEasy, HornetQ, and other related technologies to create a fully functional enterprise Java application.
Build a complete, multitier enterprise application
Learn how to build a complete, multitier enterprise application featuring a JavaServer Faces (JSF) 2 web-based front end, a Java API for Restful Web Services (JAX-RS) layer, an Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB) layer, and a Java Persistence API (JPA) persistence layer, leveraging best-practice design, coding, and testing techniques.
Course content summary
- Build robust enterprise applications using JBoss middleware
- Build secure enterprise applications
- Integrate applications with back-end enterprise information and messaging systems
- Test with Arquillian
- Use Contexts and Dependency Injection (CDI) for seamless multitier applications
- Understand administration tasks for developers
- Leverage JBoss Developer Studio toolsAudience and prerequisites
- Students with Java programming experience who want to enter enterprise Java development
- Experienced enterprise Java developers who are migrating to JBoss for the first time
- Experienced enterprise Java developers who want to upgrade their skill set using Java EE 6 and the latest Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform and Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio versions
- Students who want to use the class to help them prepare for the Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer (RHCJD) exam (EX225)Prerequisites for this course
- Fluency in the Java programming language (Java SE 5 or 6), particularly annotations and object-oriented design
- Ability to read HTML and XML documents
- Basic experience with an integrated development environment (IDE) like Eclipse
Developer administration tasks for Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6
Use the new Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform 6 administration interfaces and deployment models.
Introduction to Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
Leverage Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio tools to control servers and manage projects.
Contexts and Dependency Injection
Build CDI-enabled applications.
Test applications using JUnit and Arquillian.
Implement business logic using EJB.
Use JBoss Enterprise Application Platform implementations for JAX-WS support with RESTEasy and Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) to build web services.
Use HornetQ to add asynchronous messaging to enterprise components and develop message-driven beans.
Persist data with JPA and Hibernate.
Create a rich web UI using JSF 2 and RichFaces.
Secure applications using JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6 and application security.
Packaging and deployment
Understand deployment options for application packages built with JBoss Developer Studio for a variety of middleware servers.
Recommended next exam or course
Red Hat Certified JBoss Developer (RHCJD) exam (EX225) - exam included with this course
Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Administration II (JB325)