Managing SharePoint Online (MS-300T02-A)
This course is designed for IT Professionals who deploy and manage the teamwork infrastructure in their organization.
This is the second in a series of four courses for the Teamwork administrator. These courses help prepare for the exam MS-300: Deploying Microsoft 365 Teamwork.
This course is for the Microsoft 365 teamwork administrator role. The role is responsible for configuring, deploying, and managing Office 365 and Azure workloads that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and adoption. They manage apps, services, and supporting infrastructure to meet business requirements. The administrator is aware of and can differentiate between products and services but may not directly manage each product or service.
The Teamwork administrator must be able to deploy, manage, migrate, and secure SharePoint (online, on-premises, and hybrid), OneDrive, and Teams.
The Teamwork administrator has a fundamental understanding of integration points with the following apps and services: Office, PowerApps, Flow, Yammer, Microsoft Graph, Stream, Planner, and Project. The administrator understands how to integrate third-party apps and services including line-of-business applications.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Basic understanding of mobile device management, and alternative operating systems (Android and macOS).
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how to configure user profile properties.
- Describe how to manage audiences
- Describe how to use the App Catalog to make custom apps.
- Create and manage term groups, term sets, and terms
- Describe the difference between modern and classic search experiences.
Module 1: Manage User Profiles and Apps
This module is about user profile and cusotmization in SharePoint Online. It discusses manage User Profiles in SharePoint Online. It also describes how to use the App Catalog to make custom business apps available for your SharePoint Online.
- Manage User Profiles
- Plan and configure customizations and apps
Module 2: Plan and Configure Managed Metadata and Business Connectivity
This module is about the Managed Metadata and Business Connectivity Services. It introduces the concepts of managed metadata as well as the process to import term sets. It also describes how to manage Business Connectivity Services and create external list.
- Plan and configure Managed Metadata
- Plan and configure Business Connectivity Services (BCS) and Secure
Module 3: Plan and Configure Search
This module is about enterprose search service application. It provides details on planning and configuring content sources, crawl schedules, and crawl rules. It also discusses how to provision search management of a range of search components, such as Query Rules, Result Types and Display Templates.
- Overview of search in SharePoint Online
- Manage search
Module 4: Course Conclusion