Implementing SharePoint 2019 Service Applications (MS-301T02-A)
This course is designed for IT Professionals who deploy and manage the teamwork infrastructure in their organization.
This is the second in a series of four courses for the Teamwork administrator. These courses help prepare for the exam MS-301: Deploying SharePoint Server Hybrid.
This course is for the Microsoft 365 teamwork administrator role. The role is responsible for configuring, deploying, and managing Office 365 and Azure workloads that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and adoption. They manage apps, services, and supporting infrastructure to meet business requirements. The administrator is aware of and can differentiate between products and services but may not directly manage each product or service.
The Teamwork administrator must be able to deploy, manage, migrate, and secure SharePoint (online, on-premises, and hybrid), OneDrive, and Teams.
The Teamwork administrator has a fundamental understanding of integration points with the following apps and services: Office, PowerApps, Flow, Yammer, Microsoft Graph, Stream, Planner, and Project. The administrator understands how to integrate third-party apps and services including line-of-business applications.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Basic understanding of SQL Server management.
- Basic understanding of networking, including DNS.
- Working knowledge of windows server administration.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Basic understanding of mobile device management, and alternative operating systems (Android and macOS). center.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Provision a BDC Service Application instance.
- Configure the Secure Store Service application.
- Describe how to configure My Sites in SharePoint 2019.
- Describe how to configure the User Profile Service Application.
- Describe how to plan SharePoint Active Directory import and synchronization.
- Explain how to create and publish a content type across site collections.
- Identify the capabilities of the managed metadata service.
- Configure term sets and terms for managed navigation.
- Describe the function of search components.
- Explain how to plan and configure a search topology.
- Describe how to configure search
Module 1: SharePoint Service Applications
This module is all about SharePoint service applications and workflow. It describes how to provision and manage a BCS service application and User Profile service application. Specifically, we discuss how to import and export BDC models as well as how to import user properties to SharePoint.
- SharePoint Service Applications and workflow
- Plan and Configure Business Connectivity Services (BCS) and Secure Store
- Plan and Configure User Profiles
Module 2: Plan and configure Managed Metadata
This module is about the integral functionalities, such as the Managed Metadata Service, content types, and term sets, that allow you to create and disseminate an information architecture. It introduces the purpose of content types as well as the concepts behind the managed metadata service, including taxonomies, term sets, and enterprise keywords.
- Manage Content Types
- Managed Metadata
- Configure the Managed Metadata Service
Module 3: Plan and Configure Search
This module is about enterprose search service application. It provides details on planning and configuring content sources, crawl schedules, and crawl rules. It also discusses how to provision search management of a range of search components, such as Query Rules, Result Types and Display Templates.
- Plan enterprise search
- Configure enterprise search
- Manage enterprise search
Module 4: Course Conclusion