MOC On-Demand Packaged Set 10979D: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (90 Day) (Q4P-00341)
This course will introduce students to the principles of cloud computing. Students will become familiar with how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. In addition, this course will explain how to implement the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. With this foundation, students will learn how to create the most common Azure services, including Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, and Azure SQL Database. The course will conclude by describing features of Azure AD and methods of integrating it with on-premises Active Directory.
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills?on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours?with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 3 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 3-month period after you activate the course.
Microsoft On Demand Packaged Set
- Microsoft On Demand Course OD10979D (includes Microsoft Labs Online)
- Digital courseware Course 10979D
This course is intended for individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and virtual machines (VMs) by using Azure. This includes:
- Developers who want to evaluate creating Azure solutions.
- Windows Server administrators who want to evaluate the migration of on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host websites and mobile app back-end services.
- Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host SQL databases.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Use Azure PowerShell, the Azure Software Development Kit (SDK), and the Azure command-line interface (CLI) to manage Azure subscriptions.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Azure, and manage their disks.
- Create, configure, and monitor web apps in Azure and deploy Azure platform as a service (PaaS) cloud services.
- Create and configure Azure virtual networks.
- Create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
- Use Azure SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases
- Create and manage Azure AD.
Module 1: Getting started with Microsoft Azure
This module introduces students to cloud services and the various Azure services. It describes how to use the Azure portal to access and manage Azure services, and to manage Azure subscription and billing.
- What is cloud computing?
- What is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription management, support, and billing
Module 2: Microsoft Azure management tools
This module explains Azure PowerShell and its use in managing Azure subscriptions. It also describes how to use the Azure SDK and the Azure CLI to manage Azure subscriptions.
- What is Azure PowerShell?
- Azure SDK and Azure CLI
Module 3: Virtual machines in Microsoft Azure
This module explains how to create and configure virtual machines in Azure and how to manage disks for virtual machines.
- Creating and configuring VMs
- Configuring disks
Module 4: Web Apps and cloud services
This module explains how to create, configure, and monitor web apps in Azure. It also describes how to create and deploy Azure PaaS cloud services.
- Creating and configuring web apps
- Deploying and monitoring web apps
- Creating and deploying PaaS cloud services
Module 5: Creating and configuring virtual networks
This module explains how to create and implement Azure networks and how to use their components to enhance the resiliency and availability of virtual machines.
- Getting started with virtual networks
- Configuring Azure networking
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancer
Module 6: Cloud storage
This module explains the features and benefits of cloud storage. It also explains how to create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
- Understanding cloud storage
- Create and manage storage
Module 7: Microsoft Azure Databases
This module explains the options available for storing relational data in Azure. It also explains how to use SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases in Azure.
- Understanding options for relational database deployments
- Creating and connecting to Azure SQL databases
Module 8: Creating and managing Azure AD
This module explains how to create users, domains, and directories in Azure AD, integrate applications with Azure AD, and use Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD authentication