MOC On-Demand Packaged Set 10979F: Introduction to Microsoft Azure for IT Professionals (90 Day) (Q4P-00496)
- MOC On-Demand Course OD10979F (includes Microsoft Labs Online)
- Digital MOC Course 10979F
This course provides the underlying knowledge required by ITPros/Devs who will be evaluating Microsoft Azure, whether they are administrators, developers, or database administrators.
This course introduces students to the principles of cloud computing. Students will become familiar with how these principles have been implemented in Microsoft Azure. In addition, this course explains how to implement the core Azure infrastructure, consisting of virtual networks and storage. With this foundation, students will be able to create the most common Azure services, including Azure Virtual Machines, Web Apps, and Azure SQL Database. The students will also learn about container-based Azure services and the most prominent examples of serverless computing. The course concludes by describing features of Azure Active Directory (Azure AD).
This course is intended for individuals who want to evaluate deploying, configuring, and administering services and virtual machines (VMs) by using Azure. This includes:
- Developers who want to evaluate creating Azure solutions.
- Windows Server administrators who want to evaluate the migration of on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host websites and mobile app back-end services.
- Database administrators who want to evaluate the use of Azure to host SQL databases.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe cloud computing, Azure, and Azure subscriptions.
- Use Azure PowerShell, the Azure Software Development Kit (SDK), and the Azure command-line interface (CLI) to manage Azure subscriptions.
- Create and configure virtual machines in Azure, and manage their disks.
- Create, configure, and monitor web apps in Azure and deploy Azure platform as a service (PaaS) cloud services.
- Create and configure Azure virtual networks.
- Create, manage, and configure cloud storage in Azure.
- Use Azure SQL Database to create, configure, and manage SQL databases.
- Create and manage Azure AD.
Details for Microsoft Labs Online for this course: Introduction to Microsoft Azure for IT Professionals
Microsoft Labs Online is a secure, cost-effective, compliant, and convenient way to deliver Microsoft Official Courseware hands-on labs to your customers. This internet-based lab hosting service provides online access to the labs for this MOC On-Demand Course via a browser.
Microsoft Labs Online is integrated within the MOC On-Demand Course and there are step-by-step instructions provided on how to access and perform the labs. The student will have 24x7 access to the labs for the duration of course access.
Minimum requirements for Microsoft Labs Online include:
- Windows XP SP3 or later
- 32-bit Microsoft Internet Explorer 10.0 or later
- TCP Port 80 open with inbound/outbound access to the Internet
- 256 KBps per user network bandwidth
- Ideal screen resolutions above 1280 x 1024
Module 1: Getting started with Microsoft Azure
This module introduces students to cloud services and the various Azure services. It describes how to use the Azure portal to access and manage Azure services, and to manage Azure subscription and billing.
- What is cloud computing?
- What is Azure?
- Managing Azure
- Subscription management, support, and billing
Module 2: Microsoft Azure management tools
This module explains Azure PowerShell and its use in managing Azure subscriptions. It also describes how to use the Azure SDK and the Azure CLI to manage Azure subscriptions.
- What is Azure PowerShell?
- Azure SDK and Azure CLI
Module 3: Virtual machines in Microsoft Azure
This module explains how to create and configure virtual machines in Azure and how to manage disks for virtual machines.
- Creating and configuring Azure VMs
- Configuring Azure VM storage
Module 4: Azure Web Apps
This module explains how to create, configure, and monitor web apps in Azure.
- Creating and configuring Azure web apps
- Deploying and monitoring Azure web apps
Module 5: Implementing Azure networking
This module explains how to create and implement Azure networks and how to use their components to enhance the resiliency and availability of virtual machines.
- Getting started with Azure networking
- Getting started with Azure Load Balancer
Module 6: Introduction Azure Storage and Data Services
This module explains the features and benefits of Azure storage and data services.
- Understanding Azure Storage options
- Creating and managing storage
- Understanding options for relational database deployments
- Creating and connecting to Azure SQL databases
Lab : Creating a SQL Database in Azure
Module 7: Introduction to containers and serverless computing in Azure
This module explains the options for implementing containers and describes the serverless technologies available in Azure.
- Implementing Windows and Linux containers in Azure
- Introduction to Azure serverless computing
Module 8: Configuring and managing Azure AD
This module explains how to create users, domains, and directories in Azure AD, integrate applications with Azure AD, and use Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Overview of Azure AD
- Manage Azure AD authentication and authorization