Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403)
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Satellite 6.
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- Recommend having a RHCE® - Red Hat® Certified Engineer or equivalent experience
- Have Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Create custom RPM packages.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
- Red Hat Satellite 6 installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
- Manage users and hosts across organizations and locations
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
- Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
- Manage software deployment through the software development life cycle
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts and evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
- Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for deployment of programs and files on client systems.
- Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Manage system configurations with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Standardize system configurations with Red Hat Satellite 6
- Configure hosts using Puppet.
- Deploy hosts with Satellite server
- Deploy and provision hosts using PXE.
- Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
- Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management and discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts.