Secure Mobile Access Basic Administration (SMABA)
Training Delivery Modality
Instructor-led training with emphasis on hands-on exercises:
- Traditional Instructor-Led
- Virtual Classroom
- Private On-Site
System engineers, channel partners, service partners, end users
- It is assumed that the student will have at a basic understanding of the technologies being used in their environments or the environments of their customers.
- Basic understanding of networking and networking technologies
- Comfortable with basic command-line utilities
- Familiarity with SSL, certificates, and certificate authorities
- Basic understanding of directories (LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, or RADIUS)
- Basic understanding of VPN technology (IPSec and SSL)
Section 1: Course Introduction
- Course Introduction
- Classroom environment
- Course materials
Section 2: Installation and settings
- Overview: Installation
- General Settings
- Network Settings
- Certificate Settings
Section 3: Authentication Servers
- Overview: Authentication Servers
- Configuring Authentication Servers
Section 4: User Management
Section 5: Access Methods
- Overview: Access Methods
- Web Agents
- Proxy Agent and Client
Section 6: Resources and Access Control Rules
- Access Control Rules
Section 7: Workplace Portal
- Overview: WorkPlace Portal
- WorkPlace Sites
- WorkPlace Shortcuts
- Formative evaluations (knowledge checks and hands-on exercises) are incorporated throughout the course.
- The Certification exam is available on-line via your personal work MySonicWall Account.
- You will be given an activation key that will allow you to access the exam up to three times.
- Any participant who successfully completes this course and passes the certification exam will be deemed a Certified SonicWall Security Administrator (CSSA).
- The exam is administered outside the class. 180 minutes are allotted for 60 questions. A passing score is 80% or higher.
- The exam is not restricted to material covered in class, and can include material found in Administrator Guides or Knowledge Base articles.
- At the end of the exam you are immediately notified of your exam score and if you passed or failed the exam.
- Upon successfully passing the exam you will be sent an email containing your CSSA certificate.
- In addition, you can view your certification details, such as the certification expiration date, on MySonicWall. You can also print your certificate and access the CSSA certification logo for use on your business cards, email signatures, and resume.
Duration of certification
All SonicWall Certifications are good for two years from the date that you pass the exam.