Configuring the Cisco Nexus 1000 (DCNX1K)
This 3-day course is designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch. The course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 1000V Switch.
Upon completing this course, the learner is able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe the features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance and explain how these products are integrated into the Cisco virtual architecture
- Describe how to configure the key features of the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series, and discuss how these features are used in the data center virtual infrastructure design.
Who Should Attend
Network, systems, and consulting systems engineers, as well as server administrators Network designers, administrators, and managers involved in the management, configuration and deployment of the Cisco Nexus 1000v Switch.
CCNA Routing and Switching knowledge level.
Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch and Virtual Networking Architecture
- Reviewing the Virtual Infrastructure
- Networking in the VMware Infrastructure
- Configuring VMware Switching
- Reviewing the Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch
- Reviewing the Cisco Nexus 1010 Virtual Services Appliance and Virtual Services Blades
- Installing and Upgrading the Virtual Supervisor and VEMs
Cisco Nexus 1000V Series Switch Feature Configuration
- Configuring Port Profiles
- Configuring Security Features
- Configuring Quality of Service
- Configuring Management Features
- Configuring System Management Features
- Using Basic Troubleshooting Tools
- Lab 1-2: Installing the Cisco Nexus 1000V VSM
- Lab 1-3: Installing the Cisco Nexus 1000V VEM
- Lab 1-4: Upgrading the Cisco Nexus 1000V VSM and VEM
- Lab 2-1: Optimizing the Cisco Nexus 1000V Implementation
- Lab 2-2: Configuring Security Features
- Lab 2-3: Configuring Quality of Service
- Lab 2-4: Configuring Management Features
- Lab 2-5: Configuring SPAN and ERSPAN
- Lab 2-6: Troubleshooting the Cisco Nexus 1000V