Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Optimized Architecture (40520G)
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
At Course Completion
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to design and implement a plan to optimize Azure IaaS and PaaS deployments, compare costs between Azure IaaS versus Azure PaaS, setup SQL Database geo-replication, and configure multi-region deployments.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Optimized Architecture
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
- Determine Appropriate App Service Tiers and Estimate Cost Savings
- Integrate Traffic Manager
- Setup API Tier in Azure App Service
- Migrate Web App Tier to App Service
- Migrate Background Tier to App Service
- Setup SQL Database Geo-Replication
- Take down old architecture / resources
- Setup European Web App Tier Instanc