Introduction to Database Migration (AWSIDM-OD)
This course is for AWS Partners only, you must have a valid APN login to register. To book this course, please click on the "Register" button where you will be redirected to the AWS website, you must then login to APN to complete the registration process.
In this course, you will learn how to migrate a production database using the AWS Database Migration Service (AWS DMS) and AWS Schema Conversion Tool (AWS SCT). You will be introduced to the full database migration process, from envisioning to post-production support.
AWS DMS helps you migrate data to AWS from common databases quickly and securely, all while remaining operational to minimize application downtime. AWS SCT lets you modernize applications by migrating your schema and applications to a cloud database like Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL.
This course is intended for:
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Migrate a production database.
- Use AWS SCT to help you migrate and modernize your schema, applications, and scripts.
- Use AWS DMS to do an initial move of your existing data, and set up ongoing replication while you migrate all your applications and services.
We recommend that attendees of this course have the following prerequisites:
- Basic understanding of database technologies
This course is delivered through a mix of:
- Digital training
This course covers the following concepts:
- Database migration to AWS
- Schema migration
- Data migration
- Training and support