VMware NSX: Install, Configure, Manage for NSX Standard Edition [V6.2] - On Demand (EDU-NSXICMSE62-EL)
This self-paced course focuses on installing, configuring, and managing VMware NSX™ Standard Edition. This course covers VMware NSX Standard Edition as a part of the software-defined data center (SDDC) platform. You will learn how to use the logical switching functionality in NSX to virtualize your switching environment. The course also details logical routing to enable you to dynamically route between different virtual environments.
Access to an SDDC environment is provided through hands-on labs to reinforce the skills and concepts presented in the course.
This course does not meet the one course requirement for VCP6-NV certification.
VMware On Demand is a robust, self-paced learning solution delivering modular training combined with hands-on practice labs, giving you a powerful alternative to traditional classroom training.
- Compelling: Interactive modules with labs that build as you progress
- Comprehensive: Rich content equivalent to classroom training that meets certification course requirements, including final assessments. Some courses also include bonus items like exam vouchers
- Convenient: 30 days to access the content multiple times at your pace
Experienced system or network administrators
- Understanding of enterprise switching and routing
- Knowledge of TCP/IP services
- Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware Data Center Virtualization Fundamentals course or VCA-DCV certification
- Explain the role of network virtualization in a software-defined data center
- Explain the features, functions, and configuration of VMware NSX Manager™ and the VMware NSX Controller™ cluster
- Describe logical switches and VXLAN
- Explain how to create a layer 2 network on top of layer 3 networks
- Describe the components of VMware NSX distributed logical router and VMware NSX Edge™ services gateway
- Create a layer 2 adjacency between the physical network and the virtual network
- Discuss the overview and configuration of NSX Edge network address translation (NAT)
- Explain the VMware NSX firewall and security services
|1. Course Introduction
2. Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC)
3. Management and Control Plane Components
4. Logical Switch Networks
5. VMware NSX Logical Routing
VMware NSX L2 Bridging
7. Edge Gateway Services
8. VMware NSX Firewall and Security Services