Protecting Windows 10 (MD-100T03-A)
Candidates for this exam are IT professionals who perform installation, configuration, general local management and maintenance of Windows 10 core services. Candidates may also be familiar with enterprise scenarios and cloud-integrated services.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Basic understanding of computer networks and hardware concepts.
- Basic understanding of OS and Application concepts.
- Experience with using the Windows OS.
After completing this course, learners should be able to:
- Describe the methods for securing Windows 10.
- Configure account access and authentication.
- Configure file and folder permissions.
- Create security policies.
- Describe common threats and methods for mitigating against them.
Module 1: Configuring Authorization & Authentication
This module introduces the tools and features of Windows 10 for authorizing access to Windows 10 clients. Students will learn about methods for how users sign-in to Windows 10. This module also covers restricting what users can or cannot do on a device through methods like UAC and account types.
- Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
- Configuring User Account Control
- Implementing Device Registration
Module 2: Configuring Data Access and Usage
In this module, Students will learn about permissions. This module will cover considerations for different files systems. Students will learn how to configure file and folder permissions as well as shared folders. The module will conclude with configuring settings through methods such as local and group policy.
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Managing Security with Policies
Module 3: Configuring Advanced Management Tools
This module introduces students to protecting devices from external threats. Students will learn about the different types of common threats. This module will teach students about using encryption, firewalls, and IPSec to help protect against threats. The module will conclude with how to configure and use Windows Defender and AppLocker.
- Configuring Tenant Roles
- Managing Tenant Health and Services
Module 4: Hands-On Lab
- Final Exam