Integrating Cloud Services with System Center Configuration Manager (90 Day) On Demand (OD20703-2B)
This course is intended for experienced information technology (IT) professionals, typically described as Enterprise Desktop Administrators (EDAs). These EDAs deploy, manage, and maintain PCs, devices, and applications across medium, large, and enterprise organizations. A significant portion of this audience uses or intends to use the latest branch of Configuration Manager to manage and deploy PCs, devices, and applications.
The secondary audience for this course are individuals who are interested in taking Exam 70-703: “Administering System Center Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Integration.”
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the challenges in managing a mobile and internet-based workforce and how Configuration Manager integrated with mobile device management and cloud services solutions can address these challenges.
- Describe and configure methods used to manage client devices that are located outside of the corporate network and connected to the internet.
- Deploy and manage Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager.
- Deploy and manage Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager.
- Manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager.
- Describe and configure on-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager.
Before attending this course, students must have system administrator–level working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including common networking protocols, topologies, hardware, media, routing, switching, and addressing.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
- Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers.
- Basic concepts of PKI security.
- Basic understanding of scripting and Windows PowerShell syntax.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server roles and services.
- Basic understanding of the configuration options for iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile device platforms.
- Basic understanding of management tasks using Configuration Manager.
MOC On-Demand is an integrated combination of video, text, practical tasks and knowledge tests designed to help IT experts and developers to expand their knowledge about Microsoft technologies. The courses are a great alternative for anyone wanting to learn independently and at their own pace. They can also be used in the form of a Blended Class together with managed training courses, or as the basis for training solutions with mentoring and other learning programmes.
All Labs within a course can be accessed via the Microsoft Labs Online (MLO) platform. Participants enrolled on a course can start the Labs directly from within a course; they do not need to be set up separately.
Licence codes purchased for the new Skillpipe MOC On-Demand courses can now all be found in the "Digital Library" section. The licence codes for these courses are now provided via the Management Dashboard, just like for the dMOC courses.
System requirements for Skillpipe MOC On-Demand
- Browser: current version of Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome™ or Firefox®
- Internet access: broadband Internet connection (recommended: network bandwidth of over 4Mbps)
- Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024 or higher
|Module 1: Extending the Configuration Manager infrastructure to support internet-based and mobile devices|
This module describes the challenges in managing a mobile and internet-based workforce. It also describes how Configuration Manager integrates with mobile device management and cloud services solutions to address these challenges.
Lab : Implementing PKI for Configuration Manager site systems and clients
Lab : Configuring cloud-based distribution points
Module 2: Managing clients on the internet
This module explains how to manage client devices that are located outside of the corporate network and connected to the internet.
Lab : Configuring the Cloud Management Gateway for managing clients on the internet
Module 3: Managing Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
This module explains how to use Microsoft Store for Business, how to set it up, and how to manage it. It also describes how to deploy and manage Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager.
Lab : Deploying Microsoft Store for Business apps by using Configuration Manager
Module 4: Managing Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager
This module explains how to implement Office 365 client management to help support an Office 365 cloud-based solution. It also describes how to deploy and manage Office 365 apps by using Configuration Manager.
Lab : Deploying and managing Office 365 client applications by using Configuration Manager
Module 5: Mobile device management by using Configuration Manager
This module describes the methods and technologies to manage mobile devices by using Configuration Manager.
Module 6: On-premises mobile device management using Configuration Manager
This module explains on-premises mobile device management, its requirements, and the types of devices it can manage. It also explains how to implement on-premises mobile device management in an existing Configuration Manager environment and the different ways to enroll Windows 10 devices.
To help you prepare for this class, attend the following course: