Updating your Business Intelligence Skills to Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 (40009A)
This course is intended for BI professionals with experience of using SQL Server 2008 R2.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience of creating database solutions in SQL Server, including basic Transact-SQL programming.
- Familiarity with data warehousing and BI solutions, including extract, transform, and load (ETL), data modeling, and reporting.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key new and enhanced features for BI in SQL Server 2012.
- Use new and enhanced features in SQL Server Integration Services.
- Manage data quality by using SQL Server Data Quality Services.
- Manage master data by using new and enhanced features of SQL Server Master Data Services.
- Use new and enhanced features of SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Create tabular data models with PowerPivot and DAX.
- Implement a tabular data model in SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Use Power View to create interactive data visualizations.
- Integrate Microsoft cloud technologies into a BI solution.
Module 1: Introduction to SQL Server 2012 for Business Intelligence
This module provides an overview of how SQL Server 2012 can be used to build BI solutions.
This module describes the new and enhanced features in SQL Server Integration Services that can be used to create an ETL solution to load a data warehouse.
This module provides an introduction to SQL Server Data Quality Services, and teaches you how to build knowledge based data quality solutions for cleansing and matching data.
This module provides an introduction to master data management with SQL Server 2012 Master Data Services.
This module provides an introduction to new and enhanced features in SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services.
This module provides an introduction to new and enhanced features in PowerPivot.
This module describes how to create tabular Analysis Services databases.
This module provides an introduction to Power View, and describes how it can be used to create interactive data visualizations.
This module introduces Microsoft cloud technologies that can be used in a BI solution.