Learn Microsoft Access 2010 Step by Step, Level 1 (50532A)
This course is intended for information workers who want to learn beginning level Access 2010 skills.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic file-management skills.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Work in Access 2010.
- Understand database concepts.
- Explore tables.
- Explore forms.
- Explore queries.
- Explore reports.
- Preview and print Access objects.
- Create databases from templates.
- Create databases and tables manually.
- Manipulate table columns and rows.
- Refine table structure.
- Create relationships between tables.
- Create forms by using the Form tool.
- Change the look of forms.
- Change the arrangement of forms.
- Sort information in tables.
- Filter information in tables.
- Filter information by using forms.
- Locate information that matches multiple criteria.
- Create reports by using a wizard.
- Modify report design.
- Preview and print reports.
Module 1: Explore an Access 2010 Database
This module discusses the Access interface and explores various database components, including tables, forms, queries, and reports.
- Working in Access 2010
- Understanding Database Concepts
- Exploring Tables
- Exploring Forms
- Exploring Queries
- Exploring Reports
- Previewing and Printing Access Objects
This module explains how to create databases and tables, either manually or from templates, and how to change table formatting and structure. It also explains how to create relationships between tables.
- Creating Databases from Templates
- Creating Databases and Tables Manually
- Manipulating Table Columns and Rows
- Refining Table Structure
- Creating Relationships Between Tables
This module explains how to create forms to view and enter data, modify the appearance of a form, and customize the layout of a form.
- Creating Forms by Using the Form Tool
- Changing the Look of Forms
- Changing the Arrangement of Forms
This module explains how to display information in useful ways, by sorting and filtering tables, and by filtering information in forms.
- Sorting Information in Tables
- Filtering Information in Tables
- Filtering Information by Using Forms
- Locating Information That Matches Multiple Criteria
This module explains how to extract information from a database as a report. It also explains how to modify report design and preview and print reports.
- Creating Reports by Using a Wizard
- Modifying Report Design
- Previewing and Printing Reports