Enterprise Portal Development in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 (80307A)
This course is intended for individuals who will be developing Enterprise Portal web sites. This audience typically includes application consultants who are tasked with creating a customer's web site based on the configuration and customization of the application. In addition, consultants who are responsible for training or supporting the customer will benefit from the course.
Before attending this course, students should have:
- General knowledge of Microsoft® Windows®.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX navigation is helpful but not required for this course.
- General knowledge of standard Microsoft technologies such as the family of Microsoft Search Servers and SharePoint collaboration platforms.
- Development I in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Implementing and Administering Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Review the concepts and uses of the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain the major components of the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain the architecture of the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain the Enterprise Portal prerequisites.
- Install the Enterprise Portal.
- Configure Microsoft Dynamics AX data and metadata to be searchable through Enterprise Search.
- Install the development tools for the Enterprise Portal.
- Review navigation elements in the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain the different types of pages and their composition.
- Explain security and permissions for the Enterprise Portal.
- Create and apply new SharePoint themes.
- Edit and create SharePoint pages.
- Explain the different Enterprise Portal web parts.
- Describe the composition of a List Page.
- Create a List Page with a Preview Pane and a FactBox, and publish it to the Enterprise Portal.
- Describe the composition of a Detail Page.
- Model a Data Set, create a User Control and add a Detail Page to the Enterprise Portal in SharePoint.
- Link a Detail Page to the Action Pane and list links on a List Page.
- Explain the different debugging techniques that are used with the Enterprise Portal.
- Configure Internet Information Services (IIS) and the Microsoft Dynamics AX Business Connector for debugging X++ in the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain how to debug X++ code running in the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain how to debug User Controls running in the ASP.NET Development Server Environment in Visual Studio 2010.
- Configure the Enterprise Portal to allow debugging.
- Explain how to debug User Controls running in the Enterprise Portal.
- Describe common Data Set methods and their uses.
- Describe the Args class and how it can be used to pass parameters to a Data Set.
- Describe the different Microsoft Dynamics AX ASP.NET controls available to a User Control.
- Describe additional less commonly used controls that can be added to a User Control.
- Explain record context in the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain eventing and describe common events used by developers in the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain how to use labels on the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain what metadata is and how to retrieve it from the Enterprise Portal.
- Explain page redirection from code and modal dialog behavior.
- Explain proxies for Microsoft Dynamics® AX objects and how to create them.
- Describe the Enterprise Portal elements in the Application Object Tree (AOT) and their relationship to the Enterprise Portal website.
- Explain the Model Store and deployment of customizations across environments.
- Describe how to deploy the Enterprise Portal.
Module 1: Enterprise Portal in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
This module explains what Enterprise Portal is, its components, its architecture and its search components.
- What is Enterprise Portal
- Enterprise Portal Architecture
This module explains how to install Enterprise Portal.
- Enterprise Portal Requirements
- Installing the Enterprise Portal
- Configuring Enterprise Search
- Installing the Visual Studio Tools
This module explains the students the terms of the navigation elements of the Enterprise Portal page and how these elements interact. In addition, it explains the security and permissions features.
- Structure of the Enterprise Portal
- Security and Permissions
This module explains how to customize and personalize Enterprise Portal Web Part Pages.
- Customizing Enterprise Portal Appearance
- Customizing Pages
- Web Parts
This module explains to students how modeling pages allows them to create pages quickly and easily by using drag-and-drop and setting properties, without writing code.
- List Pages
- Modeling List Pages
- Detail Pages
- Creating a Detail Page
- Linking the Detail Page and the List Page
This module focuses on the different debugging methods that can be used in Enterprise Portal development.
- Overview of Debugging in Enterprise Portal Development
- Debugging X++ in the Enterprise Portal
- Debugging User Controls in Visual Studio
- Debugging User Controls on Enterprise Portal Pages
This module introduces the students to the most common Microsoft Dynamics AX User Control elements available in Visual Studio.
- Data Set Methods
- Data Set Parameters
- Common User Control Elements
This module introduces the students to the some additional Microsoft Dynamics AX User Control elements available in Visual Studio.
- Additional User Control Elements
- Record Context
- Page Redirection
This module explains the AOT elements involved in the customizations, and how these elements can be deployed across environments.
- Elements in the AOT
- Model Store