Transition to Oracle Solaris 11 Ed 3 (D73488GC30)
If you do not have Oracle Solaris 10 System Administration experience, you should consider taking the Oracle Solaris 11 System Administration course followed by the Oracle Solaris 11 Advanced System Administration course. There are a number of new technologies that were introduced in Oracle Solaris 10 which are expected prerequisite knowledge for taking this course. Without skills in those areas, students may not be able to keep pace with the course as this course provides rapid, in-depth coverage of Oracle Solaris 11 technologies and builds on students Oracle Solaris 10 knowledge.
- Examine various aspects of planning for the transition from Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11.
- Understand the new features delivered with Oracle Solaris 11 including Automated Installer (AI), Image Packaging System (IPS), and network virtualization.
- Use new features introduced in Oracle Solaris 11.2.
- Practice transitioning to the Oracle Solaris 11 operating environment by performing a series of guided hands-on labs.
- Operating System Migration Activities
You'll engage in lab exercises that will walk you through critical tasks associated with operating system migration activities. These labs include case studies that showcase best practices when transitioning from Oracle Solaris 10 to Oracle Solaris 11."