Oracle Database 12c: Introduction to SQL (D80174GC10)
- Understand the basic concepts of relational databases ensure refined code by developers.
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data.
- Run data manipulation statements (DML).
- Control database access to specific objects.
- Manage schema objects.
- Manage objects with data dictionary views.
- Retrieve row and column data from tables.
- Control privileges at the object and system level.
- Create indexes and constraints; alter existing schema objects.
- Create and query external tables.
- Systems Administrator
- Identify the major structural components of the Oracle Database 12c
- Create reports of aggregated data
- Write SELECT statements that include queries
- Retrieve row and column data from tables
- Run data manipulation statements (DML) in Oracle Database 12c
- Create tables to store data
- Utilize views to display data
- Control database access to specific objects
- Manage schema objects
- Display data from multiple tables using the ANSI SQL 99 JOIN syntax
- Manage objects with data dictionary views
- Write multiple-column sub-queries
- Employ SQL functions to retrieve customized data
- Use scalar and correlated sub-queries
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data
Benefits to You
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Learn Advanced Features of SQL
This course will help you understand the advanced features of SQL. Learning these features will help you query and manipulate data within the database, use the dictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects. Some of the date-time functions available in the Oracle Database are also covered. This course also discusses how to use the regular expression support in SQL through expert instruction.
Use Development Tools
The main development tool used in this training is Oracle SQL Developer. SQL*Plus is available as an optional development tool. This is appropriate for a 10g, 11g and 12c audience.
Note: This course is a combination of Oracle Database: SQL Workshop I and Oracle Database: SQL Workshop II courses.
- Retrieving Data using the SQL SELECT Statement
- Restricting and Sorting Data
- Using Single-Row Functions to Customize Output
- Using Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions
- Reporting Aggregated Data Using the Group Functions
- Displaying Data from Multiple Tables Using Joins
- Using Subqueries to Solve Queries
- Using the SET Operators
- Managing Tables using DML statements
- Introduction to Data Definition Language
- Introduction to Data Dictionary Views
- Creating Sequences, Synonyms, Indexes
- Creating Views
- Managing Schema Objects
- Retrieving Data by Using Subqueries
- Manipulating Data by Using Subqueries
- Controlling User Access
- Manipulating Data
- Managing Data in Different Time Zones