VMware Pivotal Labs: Master Class for Developers (Java) (EDU-PLDJ)
This 4-day course teaches developers and architects how to build and architect software and covers the following topics: Tanzu Application Service, greenfield development, and end state reference architectures.
Developers and Lead Developers
Experience building and deploying modern software; i.e. TDD, CI/CD, and Refactoring.
Familiarity with design patterns, domain driven design, component-based architecture, and evolutionary architecture
Experience developing apps using: Java 6 and above, Java Enterprise Edition, Java/ Spring.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Understand what Tanzu Application Service is, and how it runs apps
- Learn about key app-centric Tanzu Application Service constructs: app, manifest, buildpack, service instance, binding, domain, route, environment variables
- Experience common impediments to running an app on Tanzu Application Service, and overcome them
- Learn how to identify, codify, and make use of reusable patterns for building applications. Understand distributed system development/ architectures.
- Learn how to evolve monolithic apps (i.e. understand when and how to break out microservices from the monolith)
1 Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
2 Best Practices / Architecture
- 12-Factor applications
- Evolutionary Architecture
3 Tanzu Application Service
- Organizations and Spaces
- Domains and Routes
- Environment variables
4 Continuous Delivery / Integration
- Build Pipelines
5 Spring Development
- Schema management
- Database Access
- REST APIs
- Service Discovery
- Service Configuration
- Service Security