Network Security Advanced Administration (NSAA)
This course uses extensive labs to reinforce key concepts covered during the lecture portion of the class.
Prior completion of the NSBA course (or equivalent) is required.
Prerequisite skills and knowledge are required – the first lab exercise is based on prerequisite knowledge and begins without formal instruction (see below for prerequisite details).
The NSAA course culminates with the CSSP Certification exam for SonicOS. While this exam is not a part of the class, you will have access to it on-line via your personal work MySonicWall Account.
Training Delivery Modality
Instructor-led training with emphasis on hands-on exercises:
- Traditional Instructor-Led
- Virtual Classroom
- Private On-Site
System engineers, channel partners, service partners, end users.
- An Active CSSA Certification in SonicOS.
- Extensive knowledge of networking concepts, network topologies, and the OSI model of networking protocol stacks
- Understanding of TCP/IP, network addressing, subnets, and Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Knowledge of basic router concepts
- Familiarity with IPSec functionality and implementation
Section 1: Course Introduction
- Course Introduction
- Classroom environment
- Course materials
Section 2: SonicOS Trouble-shooting Tools
- Troubleshooting Overview
- System Backup & Restore
- Diagnostic Tools
- Packet Capture
- Third Party Tools
Section 3: Advanced Networking
- Advanced Routing
Section 4: Network Monitoring and Optimization
- Application Intelligence
- Application Control
- Bandwidth Management
- Content Filtering Services via App Rules
- Regular Expressions
Section 5: Appflow Reporting and Wire mode
- Appflow Reporting
- GMS Overview
- Wire Mode
- Tap Deployment
- Inline Deployments
Section 6: SIP
- VOIP Overview
- SIP Transformation
Section 7: High Availability Deployment
- Advanced High Availability
- Active/Passive vs Active/Active
- A/A Cluster
- HA Configuration
- Formative evaluations (knowledge checks and hands-on exercises) are incorporated throughout the course.
- The Certification exam is available on-line via your personal work MySonicWall Account.
- You will be given an activation key that will allow you to access the exam up to three times.
- Any participant who successfully completes this course and passes the certification exam will be deemed a Certified SonicWall Security Professional (CSSP).
- The exam is administered outside the class. 180 minutes are allotted for 60 questions. A passing score is 80% or higher.
- The exam is not restricted to material covered in class, and can include material found in SonicOS Administrator Guides or Knowledge Base articles.
- At the end of the exam you are immediately notified of your exam score and if you passed or failed the exam.
- Upon successfully passing the exam you will be sent an email containing your CSSP certificate.
Duration of certification: All SonicWall Certifications are good for two years from the date that you pass the exam.