Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure (90 Day) - On Demand (OD20413C)
NOTE: Labs in this course are based on Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises and have experience administering Windows Server 2012 R2 and have an MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification or equivalent skills.
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills?on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours?with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 3 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 3-month period after you activate the course.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure including the network services necessary. They have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and possess Windows Server 2012 certification Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent skills. The course is also intended for IT professionals who are looking to take the exam 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure, as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): Server Infrastructure Certification.
Candidates for this course have good Windows client and server operating system knowledge and basic AD DS and networking experience in an enterprise/small business (SMB) environment together with application configuration experience.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team.
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate communication skills to create proposals and make budget recommendations.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 R2 MCSA.
20410D: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
20411D: Administering Windows Server 2012
20412D: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
20417D: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012"
Module 1: Planning Server Upgrade and Migration
Module 2: Planning and Implementing a Server Deployment Strategy
Module 3: Planning and Deploying Servers Using Virtual Machine Manager
Module 4: Designing and Maintaining an IP Configuration and Address Management Solution
Module 5: Designing and Implementing Name Resolution
Module 6: Designing and Implementing an Active Directory Domain Services Forest and Domain Infrastructure
Module 7: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Organizational Unit Infrastructure
Module 8: Designing and Implementing a Group Policy Object Strategy
Module 9: Designing and Implementing an AD DS Physical Topology
Module 10: Planning and Implementing Storage and File Services
Module 11: Designing and Implementing Network Protection
Module 12: Designing and Implementing Remote Access Services