Analyzing Data with Power BI (180 Day) - On Demand (ODX20778A)
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 6 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 6-month period after you activate the course.
The course will likely be attended by SQL Server report creators who are interested in alternative methods of presenting data.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases and reporting.
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications – particularly Excel.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation.
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling.
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization.
- Implement the Power BI service.
- Describe how to connect to Excel data.
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data.
- Connect directly to data stores.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
- Describe the Power BI mobile app.
Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions
Introduces business intelligence (BI) and how to self-serve with BI.
This module introduces Power BI desktop, and explores the features that enable the rapid creation and publication of sophisticated data visualizations.
At the end of this module students will be able to explain the rationale and advantages of using Power BI.
With Power BI desktop you can shape and combine data with powerful, buil-in tools. This module introduces the tools that are available for preparing your data, and transforming it into a form ready for reporting.
This module describes how to shape and enhance data.
This module describes how to create and manage interactive data visualizations.
This module describes various connectivity options using Power BI.
This module describes the developer API within Power BI.
This module describes the Power BI mobile app.