MOC On-Demand Packaged Set 10985B: Introduction to SQL Databases (90 Day) (Q4P-00135)
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills?on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours?with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 3 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 3-month period after you activate the course.
- Microsoft On Demand Course OD10985B (includes Microsoft Labs Online)
- Digital courseware Course 10985B
The primary audience for this course is people who are moving into a database role, or whose role has expanded to include database technologies.
This is a foundation level course and therefore only requires general computer literacy.
At course completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key database concepts in the context of SQL Server 2016
- Describe database languages used in SQL Server 2016
- Describe data modelling techniques
- Describe normalization and denormalization techniques
- Describe relationship types and effects in database design
- Describe the effects of database design on performance
- Describe commonly used database objec
Module 1: Introduction to databases
This module introduces key database concepts in the context of SQL Server 2016.
- Introduction to relational databases
- Other types of database
- Data analysis
- Database languages
Module 2: Data Modelling
This module describes data modelling techniques.
- Data modelling
- ANSI/SPARC database model
- Entity relationship modelling
Module 3: Normalization
This module describes normalization and denormalization techniques.
- Why normalize data?
- Normalization terms
- Levels of normalization
Module 4: Relationships
This module describes relationship types and effects in database design.
- Schema mapping
- Referential integrity
Module 5: Performance
This module introduces the effects of database design on performance.
- Query performance
Module 6: Database Objects
This module introduces commonly used database objects.
- Stored procedures
- Other database objects