MOC On-Demand Packaged Set 20488B: Developing Microsoft SharePoint® Server 2013 Core Solutions (180 Day) (Q4P-00286)
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 6 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 6-month period after you activate the course.
- Microsoft On Demand Course ODX20488B (includes Microsoft Labs Online)
- Digital courseware Course 20488B
The course is intended for professional developers who develop solutions for SharePoint products and technologies in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. While some familiarity with SharePoint solution development is required, candidates are not expected to have prior experience with the new features in SharePoint Server 2013.
The ideal candidate is a technical lead with at least four years of SharePoint and web development experience. The candidate is responsible for designing custom code for projects that are deployed to or interact with SharePoint environments. This includes:
- Selecting an appropriate approach and building customizations in SharePoint.
- Creating and implementing a strategy for solution packaging, deployment, and upgrading.
- Identifying SharePoint data and content structures for customizations.
- Performing diagnostics and debugging.
- Planning and designing applications for scalability and performance.
- Identifying and mitigating performance issues of customizations.
- Understanding authentication and authorization.
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Broad familiarity with SharePoint capabilities.
- Familiarity with Online Services such as Azure and SharePoint Online.
- A working knowledge of using Visual Studio 2010 or Visual Studio 2012 to develop solutions.
- A basic working knowledge of SharePoint solution development, either in SharePoint 2013 or in earlier versions of SharePoint.
- A working knowledge of Visual C# and the .NET Framework 4.5.
- A basic understanding of ASP.NET and server-side web development technologies, including request/response and the page lifecycle.
- A basic understanding of AJAX and asynchronous programming techniques.
- Familiarity with approaches to authentication and authorization, including claims-based authentication.
- Design and manage features and solutions.
- Develop code for custom server-side components.
- Manage and customize authentication and authorization.
- Create custom sites and lists and manage the site lifecycle.
- Explain the capabilities and design choices for SharePoint apps.
- Use the client-side object model and the REST API.
- Develop provider-hosted and auto-hosted SharePoint apps.
- Distribute and deploy SharePoint apps.
- Create custom workflows to automate business processes.
- Use fields and content types to manage taxonomy.
- Customize the appearance and behavior of user interface elements.
- Customize navigation and site branding.
Module 1: SharePoint as a Developer Platform
This module examines different approaches that can be used to develop applications with SharePoint Server 2013 the scenarios in which each approach might be appropriate.
- Introducing the SharePoint Developer Landscape
- Choosing Approaches to SharePoint Development
- Understanding SharePoint 2013 Deployment and Execution Models
Module 2: Working with SharePoint Objects
This module introduces the server-side SharePoint object model and how the core classes relate to sites and collections. The server-side SharePoint object model provides a core set of classes that represent different items in the logical architecture of a SharePoint deployment. Students also learn how manage permissions for server-side code.
- Understanding the SharePoint Object Hierarchy
- Working with Sites and Webs
- Working with Execution Contexts
Module 3: Working with Lists and Libraries
This module explains how to interact with lists and libraries. Students learn about how to work with lists and libraries programmatically using the server-side SharePoint object model and how to use query classes and LINQ to SharePoint to query and retrieve data from SharePoint lists. Student also learn how to efficiently work with lists that contain large numbers of items.
- Using List and Library Objects
- Querying and Retrieving List Data
- Working with Large Lists
Module 4: Designing and Managing Features and Solutions
This module examines creating and deploying custom Developing a SharePoint solutions and features. The students also learn how and when to use sandbox solutions.
- Understanding Features and Solutions
- Configuring Features and Solutions
- Working with Sandboxed Solutions
Module 5: Working with Server-Side Code
This module describes how to develop and deploy Web Parts and event receivers in a solution.
- Developing Web Parts
- Using Event Receivers
- Using Timer Jobs
- Storing Configuration Data
Module 6: Managing Identity and Permissions
This module describes how manage permissions through code and customize authentication using custom claims providers.
- Understanding Identity Management in SharePoint 2013
- Managing Permissions in SharePoint 2013
- Configuring Forms-Based Authentication
- Customizing the Authentication Experience
Module 7: Introducing Apps for SharePoint
This module introduces the SharePoint App, a new way to customize SharePoint functionality with SharePoint Server 2013.
- Overview of Apps for SharePoint
- Developing Apps for SharePoint
Module 8: Client-Side SharePoint Development
- Using the Client-Side Object Model for Managed Code
Module 9: Developing Remote Hosted SharePoint Apps
This module examines the difference between provider hosted Apps and Remote Hosted Apps. The students will also create and deploy a Provider Hosted App.
- Overview of Remote Hosted Apps
- Configuring Remote Hosted Apps
- Developing Remote Hosted Apps
Module 10: Publishing and Distributing Apps
This module introduces the App Catalog so users to locate, purchase, and install apps easily. The students learn how to package and publish Apps to the App Catalog.
- Understanding the App Management Architecture
- Understanding App Packages
- Publishing Apps
- Installing, Updating, and Uninstalling Apps
Module 11: Automating Business Processes
This module explains how to create workflows and workflow actions using Visio 2013, SharePoint Designer 2013 and Visual Studio 2012.
- Understanding Workflow in SharePoint 2013
- Building Workflows by using Visio 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013
- Developing Workflows in Visual Studio 2012
Module 12: Managing Taxonomy
This module explains the importance of a good taxonomy in SharePoint and working with the components of the taxonomy. The students also see how to tie event receivers to the taxonomy.
- Managing Taxonomy in SharePoint 2013
- Working with Content Types
- Working with Advanced Features of Content Types
Module 13: Managing Custom Components and Site Life Cycles
This module explains how you can create custom component definitions and templates, which enable you to deploy custom sites, lists and other components across a farm.
- Defining Custom Lists
- Defining Custom Sites
- Managing SharePoint Sites
Module 14: Customizing User Interface Elements
This module explains different ways of customizing the SharePoint user interface, such as adding buttons to the ribbon or modifying the appearance of list views.
- Working with Custom Actions
- Using Client-Side User Interface Components
- Customizing the SharePoint List User Interface
Module 15: Working with Branding and Navigation
- Creating and Applying Themes
- Branding and Designing Publishing Sites
- Tailoring Content to Platforms and Devices
- Configuring and Customizing Navigation