MOC On-Demand Packaged Set 20745A: Implementing a Software Defined Datacenter (180 Day) (Q4P-00300)
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 6 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 6-month period after you activate the course.
Microsoft On Demand Packaged Set
- Microsoft On Demand Course ODX20745A (includes Microsoft Labs Online)
- Digital courseware Course 20745A
This course is intended for IT professionals and administrators who are responsible for designing, implementing, and managing virtualization infrastructure in a software-defined datacenter by using System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager. The main focus of this course is on managing Hyper-V virtualization infrastructure in Windows Server 2016, although the course also covers other virtualization platforms that can be managed by using Virtual Machine Manager 2016.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- An understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- An understanding of different storage technologies and concepts
- Familiarity with different types of virtualizations
- Familiarity with Windows Server and Windows Server administration
- An understanding of Windows PowerShell
Students should have the ability to work in a team/virtual team and possess good documentation and communication skills.
Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- 20740 - Storage & Compute with Windows Server 2016
- 20741 - Networking with Windows Server 2016
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the different virtualization options.
- Install and manage Hyper-V on Windows Server 2016.
- Install and configure System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage storage fabric and fabric updates.
- Configure and manage the Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects.
- Manage the networking fabric.
- Create and manage virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage clouds in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage services in Virtual Machine Manager.
- Monitor virtualization infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager.
- Implement and manage Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery.
- Protect virtualization infrastructure by using Data Protection Manager.
Module 1: Introduction to server virtualization
This module explains the different virtualization solutions. It also describes the concepts of software-defined datacenter and Microsoft Azure.
- Overview of Microsoft Virtualization
- Introduction to the software-defined datacenter
- Extending virtualization to the cloud
Module 2: Overview of Hyper-V virtualization
This module explains how to install and manage Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016.
- Installing and configuring the Hyper-V role
- Creating and managing virtual hard disks and virtual machines
- Creating and using Hyper-V virtual switches
- Implementing failover clustering with Hyper-V
Module 3: Installing and configuring System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager
This module explains how to install and configure System Center 2016 VMM for managing a virtualization environment.
- Overview of System Center 2016 VMM
- Installing System Center 2016 VMM
- Adding hosts and managing host groups
Module 4: Managing storage fabric and fabric updates
This module explains how to manage storage fabric and fabric updates in VMM.
- Overview of server virtualization storage technologies
- Managing storage fabric
- Managing fabric updates
Module 5: Configuring and managing the Virtual Machine Manager library and library objects
This module describes how to configure and manage VMM library and library objects. It also describes the differences between profiles and templates and how they are used.
- Overview of the VMM library
- Preparing Windows for deployment in VMM
- Working with profiles
- Working with virtual machine templates
Module 6: Managing the networking fabric
This module explains how to manage networking fabric in VMM.
- Networking concepts in VMM
- Managing Software-Defined Networking
- Understanding network function virtualization
Module 7: Creating and managing virtual machines by using Virtual Machine Manager
This module explains how to create and manage virtual machines by using VMM.
- Virtual machine management tasks
- Creating, cloning, and converting virtual machines
Module 8: Managing clouds in System Center 2016 Virtual Machine Manager
This module explains how to create and manage clouds by using VMM.
- Introduction to clouds
- Creating and managing a cloud
- Creating user roles in VMM
Module 9: Managing services in Virtual Machine Manager
This module explains how to create and manage services in VMM.
- Overview of services in VMM
- Creating and managing services in VMM
Module 10: Monitoring a virtualization infrastructure by using System Center Operations Manager
This module explains how to use Operations Manager for monitoring virtualization infrastructure.
- Operations Manager architecture and security
- Using Operations Manager for monitoring and reporting
- Integrating Operations Manager with VMM and DPM
Module 11: Implementing and managing Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery
This module explains how to implement and manage Hyper-V Replica and Azure Site Recovery
- Implementing and managing Hyper-V Replica
- Implementing and managing Azure Site Recovery
Module 12: Protecting a virtualization infrastructure by using Data Protection Manager
This module explains how to use DPM for protecting virtualization infrastructure.
- Overview of backup and restore options for virtual machines
- Configuring and managing DPM for virtualization infrastructure protection