MOC On-Demand Packaged Set 20697-2: Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services (90 Day) (Q4P-00372)
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 3 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 3-month period after you activate the course.
Microsoft On Demand Packaged Set
- Microsoft On Demand Course
- Digital courseware
This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in specializing in Windows 10 desktop and application deployments and in managing the cloud-based application and data service environments for medium-to-large enterprise organizations. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the internet and cloud services.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles
- Windows Server 2012 R2 fundamentals
- The Windows client operating system essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows 8.1 and/or Windows 7
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Manage PCs and devices in an enterprise environment.
- Deploy Windows 10 enterprise desktops.
- Manage Windows 10 sign-in and identity.
- Manage user profiles and User Experience Virtualization.
- Manage desktop and application settings by using Group Policy.
- Manage devices in Office 365.
- Manage PCs and devices by using Intune.
- Configure and using Microsoft Store for Business.
- Deploy apps and manage information access by using Intune.
- Manage data access for Windows-based devices.
- Configure and manage Client Hyper-V.
Module 1: Managing Desktops and Devices in an Enterprise Environment
This module explains the most current trends and information related to desktop and device management in the enterprise. It also provides an overview of on-premises management compared to cloud-based IT management and services.
- Managing Windows 10 in the Enterprise
- Managing a Mobile Workforce
- Supporting Devices in the Enterprise
- Extending IT Management and Services to the Cloud
Module 2: Deploying Windows 10 Enterprise Desktops
This module explains the various deployment scenarios for Windows 10 and the considerations to keep in mind while performing these deployments. This module also explains how to deploy Windows 10 by using the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (WADK) and the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). This module also explains how to maintain Windows 10 by using DISM and Windows Imaging and Configuration Designer (ICD). Additionally, it explains the different types of volume activation technologies and tools to manage activation.
- Overview of Windows 10 Enterprise Deployment
- Customizing Enterprise Desktop Deployments
- Deploying Windows 10 by Using MDT
- Maintaining a Windows 10 Installation
- Volume License Activation for Windows 10
Module 3: Managing User Profiles and User State Virtualization
This module explains how to manage user profiles and user state using tools such as the User State Migration Tool (USMT) and User Experience Virtualization (UE-V).
- Managing User Profiles and User State
- Implementing User State Virtualization by Using Group Policy
- Configuring UE-V
- Managing User State Migration
Module 4: Managing Desktop and Application Settings by Using Group Policy
This module explains how to manage Group Policy inheritance, administrative templates, and common enterprise desktop settings. This module also explains how to apply Group Policy Preferences using targeting and filtering.
- Managing Group Policy Objects
- Configuring Enterprise Desktops by Using Group Policy
- Overview of Group Policy Preferences
Module 5: Managing Windows 10 Sign-In and Identity
This module explains the concept of identity and explains the methods to enhance identity security. This module also explains cloud identities and the use of Azure Active Directory in enterprise organizations.
- Overview of Enterprise Identity
- Planning for Cloud Identity Integration
Module 6: Managing Data Access for Windows-based Devices
This module explains how to provide secure access to company data. Solutions discussed include Device Registration (previous known as Workplace Join) and Work Folders. This module also explains how to configure and share data stored in Microsoft OneDrive.
- Overview of Data Access Solutions
- Implementing Device Registration
- Implementing Work Folders
- Managing Online Data Using Cloud-Based Storage Solutions
Module 7: Managing Remote Access Solutions
This module explains how to configure a virtual private network (VPN) and DirectAccess in Windows 10. This module also explains how to configure RemoteApp.
- Overview of Remote Access Solutions
- Supporting DirectAccess with Windows 10
- Configuring VPN Access to Remote Networks
- Supporting RemoteApp
Module 8: Managing Windows 10 Devices by Using Enterprise Mobility Solutions
This module provides an overview of the Enterprise Mobility + Security, Microsoft Azure Active Directory-Premium (Azure AD Premium), Azure Rights Management (Azure RMS), and Microsoft Intune.
- Overview of the EMS
- Overview of Azure Active Directory Premium
- Overview of Azure RMS
- Overview of Intune
Module 9: Managing Desktop and Mobile Clients by Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to install the Microsoft Intune client software and configure and assign Intune policies. It also explains how to create Mobile Device Management (MDM) policies and enroll mobile devices to Intune. Additionally, this module explains how to use Intune to create and manage Windows Information Protection (WIP) policies.
- Deploying the Intune Client Software
- Overview of Intune Policies
- MDM by Using Intune
- Overview of WIP
Module 10: Managing Updates and Endpoint Protection by Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to configure updates and Endpoint Protection settings and reports using Microsoft Intune.
- Managing Updates by Using Intune
- Managing Endpoint Protection
Module 11: Application and Resource Access by Using Microsoft Intune
This module explains how to use the Microsoft Intune Software Publisher to deploy applications to managed clients. This module also explains the use of certificate profiles, Wi-Fi profiles, and VPN profiles to control access to company resources.
- Application Management by Using Intune
- The Application Deployment Process
- Managing Access to Organizational Resources
Module 12: Configuring and Managing Client Hyper-V
This module explains how to create virtual switches, virtual hard disks, and virtual machines by using Client Hyper-V.
- Installing and Configuring Client Hyper-V
- Configuring Virtual Switches
- Creating and Managing Virtual Hard Disks
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines