Provisioning SQL Databases- Labs & Learn + Exam Voucher (TDM-20765C-LLC)
Labs & Learn + Exam Voucher is a self-paced learning offering from Tech Data for experienced online learners that combines Microsoft Official Digital Courseware (eBook) and access to Microsoft authorized remote hands-on labs for a minimum of 60 days plus Microsoft MCP Exam Voucher (Vouchers can only be redeemed in the country from which they were purchased). This offering does not include video or instructor led sessions.
This course is designed to teach students how to provision SQL Server databases both on premise and in SQL Azure.
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases. These individuals perform database administration and maintenance as their primary area of responsibility, or work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases.
This course requires that you meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Some experience with database design
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Provision a Database Server
- Upgrade SQL Server
- Configure SQL Server
- Manage Databases and Files (shared)
- Provision, migrate and manage databases in the cloud
Module 1: SQL Server Components
This module describes the various SQL Server components and versions.
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- Overview of SQL Server Architecture
- SQL Server Services and Configuration Options
Module 2: Installing SQL Server
This modules describes the process to install SQL Server 2016.
- Considerations for SQL Installing Server
- TempDB Files
- Installing SQL Server
- Automating Installation
Module 3: Upgrading SQL Server to SQL Server 2017
This module describes the process for upgrading to SQL Server 2017.
- Upgrade Requirements
- Upgrade SQL Server Services
- Side by Side Upgrade: Migrating SQL Server Data and Applications
Module 4: Working with Databases
This module describes the preinstalled system databases, the physical structure of databases and the most common configuration options related to them.
- Introduction to Data Storage with SQL Server
- Managing Storage for System Databases
- Managing Storage for User Databases
- Moving and Copying Database Files
- Buffer Pool Extension
Module 5: Performing Database Maintenance
This module covers database maintenance plans.
- Ensuring Database Integrity
- Maintaining Indexes
- Automating Routine Database Maintenance
Module 6: Database Storage Options
Describe SQL Server storage options.
- SQL Server storage Performance
- SMB Fileshare
- SQL Server Storage in Microsoft Azure
- Stretch Databases
Module 7: Planning to Deploy SQL Server on Microsoft Azure
This module describes how to plan to deploy SQL Server on Azure.
- SQL Server Virtual Machines in Azure
- Azure Storage
- Azure SQL Authentication
- Deploying an Azure SQL Database
Module 8: Migrating Databases to Azure SQL Database
This module describes how to migrate databases to Azure SQL Database.
- Database Migration Testing Tools
- Database Migration Compatibility Issues
- Migrating a SQL Server Database to Azure SQL Database
Module 9: Deploying SQL Server on a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
This module describes how to deploy SQL Server on Microsoft Azure VMs.
- Deploying SQL Server on an Azure VM
- The Deploy Database to a Microsoft Azure VM Wizard
Module 10: Managing databases in the Cloud
This module describes how to manage SQL Server on Azure.
- Managing Azure SQL Database Security
- Configure Azure storage
- Azure Automation