Linux Basics - A System z Perspective (ZL12G)
This course enables students to perform everyday tasks using the Linux operating system.
Anyone who needs to learn to use the Linux operating system.
Students attending this course should be familiar with basic Information Technology (IT) concepts and the role of an operating system.
- Log in to a Linux system and set a user password
- Use Linux online documentation
- Manage Linux files and directories
- Describe the purpose of the shell
- Use the vi editor
- Execute common Linux commands
- Manage Linux processes
- Introduction to Linux
- Using the system
- Linux documentation
- Files and directories
- Using files
- File permissions
- Shell basics
- Using shell variables
- The vi Editor