Updating your Database Skills to Microsoft® SQL Server® 2012 (40008A)
This course is intended for database professionals with experience of using SQL Server 2008 R2.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience of creating and managing database solutions in SQL Server, including basic Transact-SQL programming.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key new and enhanced features in SQL Server 2012.
- Install SQL Server 2012.
- Use enhanced tools and PowerShell support to manage SQL Server 2012.
- Use enhanced Transact-SQL and storage capabilities to develop SQL Server 2012 databases.
- Use new and enhanced performance capabilities to optimize a SQL Server 2012 database.
- Use new availability and data recovery technologies to provide high availability.
- Use new and enhanced security capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
- Use SQL Azure.
- Describe new Business Intelligence (BI) capabilities in SQL Server 2012.
Module 1: Introducing SQL Server 2012
This module provides an overview of SQL Server 2012.
- Overview of SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012 Editions and Components
This module describes how to install SQL Server 2012.
- Installation Options and Requirements
- Installing SQL Server
- Deploying SQL Server in a Private Cloud
This module describes new and enhanced features that make it easier to manage SQL Server databases.
- Enhancements to SQL Server Management Studio
- New and Enhanced Dynamic Management Views
- Using PowerShell to Manage SQL Server
This module describes new Transact-SQL and data storage capabilities that you can use to develop databases.
- Transact-SQL Enhancements
- New and Enhanced Transact-SQL Functions
- Enhancements to Spatial Data Support
- Storing and Querying Documents
This module provides an introduction to new and enhanced performance tuning features in SQL Server 2012.
- Performance Optimization Tools
- Enhancements to Indexing
This module provides an introduction to new and enhanced features for data recovery and availability.
- AlwaysOn High Availability
- Enhancemenst to Data Recovery
This module describes how to use security enhancements in SQL Server 2012.
- Security Management Enhancements
- Contained Databases
This module provides an introduction to SQL Azure.
- Introduction to SQL Azure
- Working with SQL Azure
This module introduces enhancements to BI support in SQL Server 2012.
- SQL Server 2012 for Data Warehousing
- SQL Server 2012 for Business Intelligence