Procurement in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 (80308A)
The intended audience includes customers that want to learn the basic features and develop a working knowledge of the typical daily procedures required to effectively use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 procurement and sourcing functionality.
The class is intended for purchase managers, purchasers, and other people in organizations responsible for the setup and administration of procurement and sourcing and inventory management functionality.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- General knowledge of Microsoft® Windows®.
- Completed the Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics®AX 2012 course.
- The ability to use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for basic processing.
- Basic knowledge of procurement, trade and logistics, and inventory management concepts.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Review the main concepts of Procurement and sourcing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- Create and manage products.
- Describe the setup that is required and optional before creating vendors.
- Create a new vendor.
- Review various types of catalogs, including their usages.
- Set up category hierarchies and work with procurement categories.
- Work with procurement, vendor, and external catalogs.
- Manage the request for quotation process.
- Create, complete, and follow-up on purchase requisitions.
- Set up purchasing parameters.
- Create and process purchase orders.
- Describe the change management process, and set up the system for change management.
- Create and process vendor returns. Create and process purchase agreements.
- Use the features of the Vendor Self-service Portal.
- Manage transactions on the Procurement Order site.
- Order products using the Employee Services site.
- Define purchasing policy parameters.
- Create and configure purchasing policies.
- Describe the workflows available for procurement and sourcing.
Module 1: Procurement Overview
This chapter provides a general overview of Procurement and sourcing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
- About Procurement and Sourcing
- Enterprise Portal Features
- End-To-End Scenario
This chapter concentrates on how to create and set up a new product. Creating new products is completed through the Product information management module.
- Defining Products
- Modeling Configurable Products
- Inventory Dimension Groups
- Authorizing Product Setup in a Legal Entity
- Finalizing Product Setup in a Legal Entity
This chapter concentrates on creating vendors and managing vendor information.
- Set Up for Vendors
- Create Vendors
- Vendor Tasks
- Vendor Reports and Inquiries
This chapter reviews the process for creating catalogs and category hierarchies. Three types of catalogs are reviewed―procurement, vendor, and external catalogs.
- About Catalogs
- Category Hierarchies
- Category Attributes
- Commodity Codes
- Procurement Category Management
- Procurement Catalogs
- Vendor Catalogs
- External Catalogs
- Catalog Comments
- Category Reports
This chapter explains the request for quotation process. Steps for creating, following-up, and processing a request for quotation reply are reviewed. Additionally, reports and inquiries for request for quotations are reviewed.
- Set Up Request for Quotations
- Issue a Request for Quotation
- Follow-up on Request for Quotations
- Request for Quotation Replies
- Transfer Accepted Request for Quotation Replies
- Request for Quotation Reports and Inquiries
This chapter focuses on how to create and complete purchase requisitions. The chapter also discusses how to convert purchase requisitions to purchase orders. Additionally, demand consolidations are discussed.
- About Purchase Requisitions
- Create Purchase Requisitions
- Complete a Purchase Requisition
- Follow-up on Purchase Requisitions
- Convert Purchase Requisitions to Purchase Orders
- Demand Consolidations
- Other Purchase Requisition Tasks
- Purchase Requisition Workflow
This chapter reviews the process of creating and processing a purchase order. Additionally, the change management process is reviewed.
- Working with Purchase Orders
- Set Up Accounts Payable Parameters
- Create a Purchase Order
- Process a Purchase Order
- Change Management
- Purchase Order Tasks
- Purchase Order Inquiries and List Pages
This chapter discusses how to return a product to a vendor. You will also be shown how to handle the returns with and without serial and batch numbers attached.
- Create Vendor Returns
- Create Vendor Returns for Serialized Items
In this chapter, concepts of purchase agreements are discussed. You will be shown how to create purchase agreements and how to use purchase agreements when you create purchase orders.
- Purchase Agreements
This chapter reviews scenarios where your vendors connect to the Vendor Self-service Portal to view transactional information and respond to request for quotations.
- Vendor Role Center
- Vendor Profiles
- Vendor Self-Service Portal Security
In this chapter you will create purchase requisitions and view purchase order information using the Procurement Order site. In addition, you will be shown how to use the Employee Services site to search for products and purchase products.
- Purchase Requisitions
- Managing Purchase Information
- Product Receipt Confirmations
- Order Products on the Employee Services Site
This chapter reviews the policy framework in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012. You will be shown how to create purchasing policies and signing limits. In addition, steps for configuring each type of policy rule are reviewed.
- About Policies
- Purchasing Policy Set Up
- Create Purchasing Policies
- Configure Catalog Policy Rules
- Configure Category Access Policy Rules
- Configure Category Policy Rules
- Configure Purchase Requisition RFQ Rules
- Configure Purchase Requisition Control Rules
- Configure Purchase Order Creation and Demand Consolidation Rules
- Expenditure Reviewers
This chapter reviews the workflows that are available for procurement and sourcing. You will be shown a demonstration on how to set up a purchase requisition workflow.
- About Workflow
- Procurement Catalog Workflows
- Purchasing Workflows
- Vendor Workflows
- Demonstration: Configure a Purchase Requisition Workflow