Product Configuration in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 (80424A)
This course is intended for partners and customers who want to learn the intermediate and advanced features and develop a working knowledge of the processes that are required to effectively use the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Product Configuration functionality.
This course is intended for product designers, order processors, and other people in organizations that are responsible for the setup and administration of product configuration models and those who configure product lines.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- General knowledge of Microsoft® Windows®
- Completed the Introduction to Microsoft Dynamics®AX 2012 course.
- Completed the Supply Chain Foundation in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 course.
- Completed the Distribution and Trade in Microsoft Dynamics® AX 2012 course.
- The ability to use Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for basic processing.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the product configuration terminology and concepts.
- Describe the product configuration process.
- Perform the setup for product configuration.
- Build a product configuration model.
- Customize the configuration user interface.
- Validate and test a product configuration model.
- Build configuration templates.
- Add configuration translations.
- Create, approve, and activate versions for a product configuration model.
- Configure lines by using the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 AX client and the Enterprise portal.
Module 1: Overview
This module explains the important terminology and concepts to understand, and the product configuration process.
- Product Configuration Terminology and Concepts
- Product Configuration Process
This module explains how to set up product configuration parameters and build a product configuration model.
- Product Configuration Setup
- Attribute Types
- Product Configuration Model
- User Requirements
- BOM Lines
- Route Operations
- Product Configuration APIs
This module describes how to prepare a product configuration model to be ready for configuring lines.
- Customizing the Configuration User Interface
- Validating and Testing a Product Configuration Model
- Building Configuration Templates
- Adding Configuration Translations
- Creating, Approving, and Activating Versions
This module describes how to configure lines by using the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 client and the Enterprise Portal.
- Product configuration on the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 client.
- Product configuration on the Enterprise portal.