Deploying HPE FlexNetwork Core Technologies, Rev 14.31 (H8D06S)
This course includes comprehensive labs on which learners will have hands-on experience with Comware and ProVision switches, including configuring HPE switches supporting Layer 2 and Layer 3 network redundancy, dynamic routing with OSPF and BGP, network optimization via QoS, and IP multicast routing supported network systems. Additionally, you will extend your knowledge of Intelligent Resilient Framework (IRF) and how switch virtualization technology simplifies network design and operation. HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC), which allows network engineers and technicians to quickly and easily configure Quality of Service (QoS) and end-user authentication technologies, is featured throughout the course. This course is approximately fifty percent lecture and learning activities and fifty percent lab activities. The Deploying HPE FlexNetwork Core Technologies course prepares candidates for the HPE Accredited Solutions Expert (ASE)—FlexNetwork Integrator V1 certification within the HPE ExpertOne program.
IT Professionals who deploy enterprise/core solutions based on HPE products and technologies, including HPE Reseller Systems Engineers, Customer IT Staff, HPE System Engineers, and HPE Services Field and Call Center Support Engineers.
Certification(s) and Exam(s)
- Certification(s) HPE ASE
- FlexNetwork Integrator V1. Exam(s) HPE0-Y47
- Deploying HPE FlexNetwork Core Technologies.
- HPE ATP
- FlexNetwork Solutions V2 certification or HPE AISNetwork Infrastructure (2011) is required in order to obtain the HPE ASE
- Network Integrator V1 certification. The course supporting the HPE ATP
- FlexNetwork Solutions V2 certification is 00870186
- HPE FlexNetwork Fundamentals, Rev. 14.21.
What is new?
Deploying HPE FlexNetwork Core Technologies is a new course that combines the best of two courses, HPE Core/ Distribution Network Technologies using Comware Software, Rev. 11.41 and HPE Core/Distribution Network Technologies using ProVision Software, Rev. 10.41. The new course brings together both switch families in a single, comprehensive training. HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) network management software is the tool connecting it all together that delivers integrated, modular management capabilities across fault, configuration, accounting, performance, and security needs. Additionally the Deploying HPE FlexNetwork Core Technologies course includes security related features and technologies such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and port authentication.
The Deploying HPE FlexNetwork Core Technologies course covers the important topics a network specialist needs to know when deploying enterprise-level core networks in Campus LANs. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the HPE FlexNetwork Architecture
- Understand and configure advanced dynamic routing protocols like multi-area OSPF and BGP
- Configure and implement Router Redundancy with VRRP
- Configure and implement Data Link Layer Redundancy with Spanning Tree protocols, UDLD/DLDP and Distributed Trunking
- Configure and implement advanced network virtualization with IRF such as ISSU
- Configure and implement Network Security with ACLs and Port Authentication
- Deploy and manage the network with HPE Intelligent Management Center
- Configure and implement network optimization technologies such as Quality of Service (QoS)
- Configure and implement Multicasting with IGMP, PIM Spars, and PI
Module 1: HPE FlexNetwork Architecture
Module 2: Network Management
Module 3: Data Link Layer Redundancy
Module 4: Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP)
Module 5: HPE Intelligent Resilient Framework and Backplane Stacking
Module 6: ACLs
Module 7: Port Authentication