Managing Microsoft Teams [Flexible Training] (MS-700T00-A-flex)
About This Course
In this course, you will learn how to manage Microsoft Teams in your organizations. The course covers Microsoft Teams overview, implementing governance, security and compliance for Microsoft Teams, preparing the environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment, deploying teams, and managing collaboration and communication in Microsoft Teams. You will learn about Teams architecture. Specifically, you will learn about the integration between Microsoft Teams and various workloads and services in Microsoft 365. You will learn about security and compliance features for Teams, including conditional access, MFA, Threat, alerts, DLP policies, eDiscovery, and information barrier policies. You will also learn about preparing the environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment, including upgrading from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams, network settings, and managing Microsoft Teams endpoints. Lastly, you will learn about how to create and manage teams, manage membership, including internal and external users. You will further learn about different settings and policies to manage collaboration and communication experiences in Microsoft Teams.
About Flexible Trainings
With our Flexible Training, you participate in official four- or five-day Microsoft seminars - but instead of a full week from Monday to Friday, split into one day of training per week for four or five consecutive weeks.
All Flexible Trainings convey the same content as the "normal" five- or four-day seminars. As a participant, you can use the time until the next training day to deepen or repeat content. In addition, you have the advantage of not being absent from work for an entire week, so that day-to-day business is not neglected.
This is how it works:
- The registration is done as usual.
- The first and the last date are indicated.
- The training day is always the same day of the week.
- You will receive a reminder email from us before each training day.
This course is designed for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Teams Admin role and are interested in in passing the Microsoft Teams Administrator Associate certification exam. The Microsoft Teams Administrator configures, deploys, and manages Office 365 workloads for Microsoft Teams that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and communication in an enterprise environment. The Teams Administrator collaborates with Telephony engineers to integrate advanced voice features into Microsoft Teams. This role is not responsible for configuring direct routing, configuring call routing, or integrating telephony.
- A proficient understanding of basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices, including using PowerShell.
At Course Completion
By actively participating in this course, you will learn about the following:
- What is Microsoft Teams and how the components work together
- How to implement Governance, Security and Compliance for Microsoft Teams
- How to prepare an organizations environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment
- How to deploy and manage teams
- Ways of managing collaboration in Microsoft Teams
- Techniques to manage and troubleshoot communication in Microsoft Teams
Module 1: Microsoft Teams Overview
In Microsoft Teams overview, you will get an overview of Microsoft Teams including Teams architecture and related Office 365 workloads. You will be provided an overview of security and compliance in Microsoft Teams and finally get an overview of how to manage Microsoft Teams.
- Overview of Microsoft Teams
- Overview of security and compliance in Microsoft Teams
- Overview of managing Microsoft Teams
Module 2: Implement Microsoft Teams Governance, Security and Compliance
In implementing governance, security and compliance for Microsoft Teams, you will plan and configure governance for Microsoft 365 groups including expiration and naming policies. Then you will implement security by configuring conditional access, MFA or Threat Management for Microsoft Teams. Finally, you will implement compliance for Teams by using DLP policies, eDiscovery cases or supervision policies.
- Implement Governance and Lifecycle Management for Microsoft Teams
- Implementing Security for Microsoft Teams
- Implementing Compliance for Microsoft Teams
Module 3: Prepare the environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment
In preparing the environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment, you plan an upgrade from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams by evaluating upgrade paths with coexistence and upgrade modes, manage meeting migrations and configuring coexistence and upgrade settings. Then you plan and configure network settings for Microsoft Teams, and finally you will deploy and manage Microsoft Teams endpoints.
- Upgrade from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams
- Plan and configure network settings for Microsoft Teams
- Deploy and Manage Microsoft Teams endpoints
Module 4: Deploy and manage teams
In deploying and managing teams, you will learn how to create and manage teams, manage membership and access for both, internal and external users.
- Create and manage teams
- Manage membership
- Manage access for external users
Module 5: Manage collaboration in Microsoft Teams
In managing collaboration in Microsoft Teams, you will manage chat and collaboration experiences such as team settings or private channel creation policies. Finally, you will manage settings for Teams apps such as app setup policies, Apps, bots & connectors in Microsoft Teams or publish a custom app in Microsoft Teams.
· Manage chat and collaboration experiences
· Manage settings for Teams apps
Module 6: Manage communication in Microsoft Teams
This course concludes with managing communication in Microsoft Teams. You will learn how to manage Live event and meetings experiences, manage phone numbers or Phone System for Microsoft Teams and finally how to troubleshoot audio, video, and client issues.
- Manage Live event and meetings experiences
- Manage phone numbers
- Manage Phone System for Microsoft Teams
- Troubleshot audio, video, and client issues