Advanced Solutions of Microsoft® SharePoint® Server 2013 (180 Day) - On Demand (ODX20332B)
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 6 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 6-month period after you activate the course.
The course track is targeted at experienced IT Professionals interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy and manage SharePoint Server 2013 installations in either the data center or cloud. In addition, Business Application Administrators (BAAs) who are engaged in the administering line-of-business (LOB) projects in conjunction with internal business customers would benefit from understanding of managing SharePoint Server 2013.
The training addresses three audiences:
- Existing SharePoint 2010 customers and partners who need to understand the major changes in SharePoint 2013. In addition there have been other improvements in tools and methodologies.
- Customer who are new to SharePoint. SharePoint market size is growing significantly and is expected to continue to grow, so there are many new customers with no previous experience.
- Customers running a previous version of SharePoint (SharePoint 2003 and SharePoint 2007) which did not upgrade to SharePoint 2010, so are not familiar with the architecture of SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint Server 2013.
This course helps prepare candidates for exam 70-332.
Exam 70-332: Advanced Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE): SharePoint
- Before attending this course, students must have:
- Completed Course 20331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013, successful completion of Exam 70-331: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint 2013, or equivalent skills.
- At least one year?s experience of mapping business requirements to logical and physical technical design.
- Working knowledge of network design, including network security.
- Experience managing software in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Deployed and managed applications natively, virtually, and in the cloud.
- Administered Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Configured Active Directory for use in authentication, authorization and as a user store.
- Managed an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Connected applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Implemented Claims-based security.
- Describe the core features of SharePoint 2013
- Plan and design a SharePoint 2013 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery
- Plan and implement a service application architecture for a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage Business Connectivity Services features in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Plan and configure social computing features
- Plan and configure productivity and collaboration platforms and features
- Plan and configure Business Intelligence solutions
- Optimize the search experience for an enterprise environment
- Plan and configure enterprise content management in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Plan and configure a web content management infrastructure to meet business requirements
- Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Configure and manage apps in a SharePoint Server 2013 environment
- Develop and implement a governance plan for SharePoint Server 2013
- Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint Server 2013
Module 1: Understanding Architecture in SharePoint Server 2013
- Core Components of the SharePoint 2013 Architecture
- New Features in SharePoint Server 2013
- SharePoint Server 2013 and SharePoint Online Editions
Module 2: Designing for Business Continuity Management
- Designing Database Topologies for High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Designing SharePoint Infrastructure for High Availability
- Planning for Disaster Recovery
Module 3: Test the Backup and Restore Process
- Planning Service Applications
- Designing and Configuring a Service Application Topology
- Configuring Service Application Federation
Module 4: Configuring and Managing Business Connectivity Services
- Planning and Configuring Business Connectivity Services
- Configuring the Secure Store Service
- Managing Business Data Connectivity Models
Module 5: Connecting People
- Managing User Profiles
- Enabling Social Interaction
- Building Communities
Module 6: Enabling Productivity and Collaboration
- Aggregating Tasks
- Planning and Configuring Collaboration Features
- Planning and Configuring Composites
Module 7: Planning and Configuring Business intelligence
- Planning for Business Intelligence
- Planning, Deploying and Managing Business Intelligence Services
- Planning and Configuring Advanced Analysis Tools
Module 8: Planning and Configuring Enterprise Search
- Configuring Search for an Enterprise Environment
- Configuring the Search Experience
- Optimizing Search
Module 9: Planning and Configuring Enterprise Content Management
- Planning Content Management
- Planning and Configuring eDiscovery
- Planning Records Management
Module 10: Planning and Configuring Web Content Management
- Planning and Implementing a Web Content Management Infrastructure
- Configuring Managed Navigation and Catalog Sites
- Supporting Multiple Languages and Locales
- Enabling Design and Customization
- Supporting Mobile Users
Module 11: Managing Solutions in SharePoint Server 2013
- Understanding the SharePoint Solution Architecture
- Managing Sandbox Solutions
Module 12: Managing Apps for SharePoint Server 2013
- Understanding the SharePoint App Architecture
- Provisioning and Managing Apps and App Catalogs
Module 13: Developing a Governance Plan
- Introduction to Governance Planning
- Key Elements of a Governance Plan
- Planning for Governance in SharePoint Server 2013
- Implementing Governance in SharePoint 2013
Module 14: Upgrading and Migrating to SharePoint Server 2013
- Preparing Upgrade or Migration Environment
- Performing the Upgrade Process
- Managing Site Collection Upgrade