DataCore SANsymphony Administration and DCIE Development [V10] (SSVDCIE10)
DataCore presents a five-day, SANsymphony Administration to DCIE Course. This course is designed to provide SAN storage administrators, partners and system builders with the tools, knowledge and practical experience to successfully plan, implement and manage a SAN environment in which DataCore software is used for storage management, virtualization and high availability.
The first 3 days consist of the full SANsymphony administration course, and the last 2 days consist of the full DCIE process.
SAN administrators, Partners or system builders or s responsible for planning, installation, and management of a DataCore SANsymphony solution and want to obtain DCIE certification.
At the end of this training, the student will be able to:
- Describe the DataCore SANsymphony product offerings
- Discuss High Availability considerations in a SAN environment
- Identify components of a SAN installation
- Develop an installation plan for a SAN environment
- Configure a SAN with DataCore Servers, disk arrays and Hosts
- Implement SANsymphony and exercise the full feature set.
- Test the SAN and monitor SAN traffic
- Install Hyperconverged Virtual SAN and configure new vdisks for use.
- Deploy the SAN and Software in accordance with current Best Practices
- Research the DataCore Support Database to access current product information and resolve problems
- Plan, document, implement and fully test the SANsymphony install according to the DCIE process
Knowledge of Windows 2008 R2 SP1 or Windows 2012 R2 from a system administration perspective. Familiarity with SAN and storage systems, basic FC and/or iSCSI, Disk Management, etc.
Delivery is via a combination of instructor led lecture and hands-on workshops. The workshops provide each student with server access to a SAN.
- Each student will use SANsymphony to virtualize storage, allocate storage to a Host, implement high availability configurations and manage the SAN environment.
- In addition, they will install and perform basic configuration of a Hyperconverged Virtual SAN node.