IBM Spectrum Archive with IBM Spectrum Scale ILM Hands-on Workshop (U5SASS0G)
It subsequently provides a comprehensive introduction to Spectrum Archive highlighting the integration of with Spectrum Scale and the Linear Tape File System (LTFS). Spectrum Archive facilitates seamless archiving to LTFS tape at low TCO while providing transparent access to files.
In a series of hands-on sessions the participants will create and configure their own Spectrum Scale cluster and file systems, install and configure Spectrum Archive and perform operational task using commands the Spectrum Scale policy engine.
Technical presales experts, administrators and architects
- Unix / Linux command line administration
- Basic knowledge of Spectrum Scale administration
- Basic experience with tape operations
- Introduction to Spectrum Scale architectures and function
- Hands-on: Cluster, disk and file system creation
- Introduction to Spectrum Scale ILM
- Hands-on: Placement and migration within Spectrum Scale
- Introduction to Spectrum Archive deployment and installation
- Hands-on: Spectrum Archive installation and configuration
- Introduction to Spectrum Archive functions and policies
- Hands-on: manual and policy-based migration, multiple copies and export