Microsoft Cloud Workshop: IoT for Business (40531G)
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
At Course Completion
By the end of this workshop, you will learn to use IoT Hub to manage IoT devices, configure and run the IoT Remote Monitoring starter solution to provision, manage, and simulate telemetry for IoT devices via IoT Hub SDKs, use Azure IoT Edge to collect vehicle telemetry data, detect anomalies, and send the summarized data to Azure IoT Hub as needed. In addition, you'll create a custom endpoint in IoT Hub to route critical alerts to a Service Bus Queue, create an Azure function that extracts critical alerts from the Service Bus Queue and stores them in Cosmos DB, as well as use Azure Time Series Insights to store, visualize, and query the large amounts of time series data generated by various IoT devices and conduct root-cause analysis and anomaly detection.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - IoT for Business
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab - IoT for Business
- Set up IoT Remote Monitoring solution environment
- Provision additional Azure services
- Create bus and traffic light simulated devices, and add alerts and filters
- Create IoT Edge device and custom modules
- Run a console app to view critical engine alerts from the Service Bus Queue
- Create Azure Function App to ingest critical engine alerts and store them in Cosmos DB
- View all data in Azure Time Series Insights