PRINCE2 Practitioner Upgrade (P2U)
PRINCE2® has established itself as the premier approach to managing projects. PRINCE2® is generic – capable of being applied to any kind of project – scaleable and business-driven. Organisations that have adopted the PRINCE2® have claimed that they have been able to achieve greater customer satisfaction during and at the end of projects, to reduce costs and to realise greater benefit from project deliverables.
The Registered PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification is now established as an external competence measure by organisations in the UK, the Netherlands, Australia and elsewhere.
PRINCE2® is a Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is over two days, whereby day one is a full training day and day two is a half day where the delegate will do the exam.
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2® meets that requirement
- Understand the PRINCE2® process model and apply the PRINCE2® processes
- Design a robust and appropriate project organisation
- Apply appropriate controls at different levels and at different points in the life cycle of a project
- Practice applying the PRINCE2® framework to a case study
- Take the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination paper.
The aim of this course is to prepare people who have already passed their PRINCE2® Foundation exam to move to the ‘next level’ – the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination. The course follows the standard syllabus issued by the PRINCE2® Examinations Board, which focuses on the PRINCE2® framework and how this can be applied pragmatically to real projects.
Delegates will be provided with access to study the pre-course video files before the class starts, please reference the document that is sent with your course confirmation for details on how to access.
This PRINCE2® Foundation Pre-Course Video resource is for use in preparation for the PRINCE2® Foundation Course and those returning for PRINCE2® Practitioner. Each short video covers a key area within the PRINCE2® method plus information on the PRINCE2® exams. They are primarily designed to introduce or revise PRINCE2® terminology, concepts and activities to help you get ahead on your PRINCE2® course.
All delegates should have passed the PRINCE2® Foundation examination taken on or after 1st Jan 2009, or hold one of the following:-
- Project Management Institute (PMI)® details at www.pmi.org:Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
International Project Management Association (IPMA) details at http://ipma.ch/:I
- PMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate).
Delegates will take the PRINCE2® Practitioner or Re-registration exam at the end of this course. Exam fee is included in the list price.
Follow on Courses
- Background and Objectives
- Foundation and Practitioner – the differences
- Review of current knowledge
- Organisational structure
- Roles and responsibilities
- The project board
- The project manager
- Team manager
- Project assurance
- Project support
- Purpose and importance
- Components and levels of plan
- Planning techniques – the focus on products
- Stage assessments
- Establishing project and stage tolerance
- Checkpoints and highlight reports
- Handling exception situations
- Project reporting
- Understanding quality
- Quality planning
- The Quality Trail
- Change control procedure
- Authority levels
- Analysing change
- Starting up and initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
PRINCE2® in practice
- Tailoring PRINCE2® for different business environments including Agile
- Scaling PRINCE2® for use with projects of different type and/or size
- Implementing PRINCE2® Project documentation
Exam Tips and Techniques
- Answering styles
- Coping with Case Studies