Application Migration and Modernization with IBM WebSphere Hybrid Edition (VW014G-WBT)
This course provides an overview of WebSphere Hybrid Edition - a lean, economical solution that enables clients to optimize WebSphere applications for immediate gains while also positioning their business for higher, near-term future value. This course describes WebSphere Hybrid Edition features and benefits, and how you can use it to leverage current investments and create new cloud native applications.
This course covers the essentials that you need for your journey to cloud. It describes how to use WebSphere Hybrid Edition tools to analyze and evaluate candidate applications for modernization, and transform monolithic applications into microservices. It also describes how to migrate workloads between different versions of WebSphere.
For information about other related courses, visit the IBM Training website:
This course is intended for all learners who need to use WebSphere Hybrid Edition to build solution architectures, migrate or modernize existing applications, or develop new cloud native applications.
Before taking this course, you should have a basic understanding of cloud concepts, private, public, and hybrid clouds, and traditional on-premises environments.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the capabilities and benefits of using WebSphere Hybrid Edition
- Describe the application modernization journey - its phases and requirements
- Explain how to use the tools that are included in WebSphere Hybrid Edition to migrate and modernize applications
- Analyze and evaluate application candidates for modernization
- Migrate workloads between different versions of WebSphere
- Identify tools and resources for developing cloud native applications with WebSphere Hybrid Edition
Introduction to WebSphere Hybrid Edition
The application modernization journey
Application modernization tools
Get started with Liberty