IBM SPM Design System for Designers (9D79G)
The course explains the importance of design in the development of usable web apps and digital services. It also places the importance of design in the context of governments in Canada, the U.K., and U.S. setting up national web design systems. The course also introduces the IBM Design Thinking framework and the IBM SPM Web Design System.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
This course is intended for a mixed audience includes business analysts (BA), Developers, and Graphic Designers who will work on SPM implementation projects that use the IBM SPM Web Design System. For BAs who find themselves tasked with design work, it will provide the background information that they need on design and how essential it is to application development. For Developers, it introduces them to basic design concepts and IBM Design Thinking. Graphic Designers will also benefit from an introduction to IBM Design Thinking and the structure and contents of the IBM SPM Web Design System.
Basic Knowledge of IBM Design Thinking (Recommended).
After completing the course, learners will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of government web design systems.
- State general design guidelines, including accessibility and theming.
- Provide an overview of IBM Design Thinking.
- Identify the components in the IBM Social Program Management (SPM) Design System
- Interpret guidelines for using IBM Web Design System components
This course introduces the learner to the following topics:
- The increasing importance of design in the development of digital services and web apps
- The related introduction of national web design systems
- The layout and contents of the U.S. Web Design System
- The IBM Design Thinking framework
- The IBM Social Program Management (SPM) Web Design System