IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1 - Component integration (F236G-SPVC)
This course trains:
- The skills that are needed to create, configure and maintain component queues.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
- A workflow system administrator responsible for creating, configuring and maintaining component queues in non-development environments.
- A workflow author responsible for creating, configuring and maintaining component queues in development environments.
- Anyone who needs to create, configure or maintain component queues.
Prior knowledge that is required:
- Basic knowledge of organization’s business process applications.
- Basic knowledge of database technology.
- PCs, networks, and their organization’s server operating systems at the expert level
- Prerequisite courses:
- F115G IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2: Implementation and Administration
- F230G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Introduction
- F231G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Configure the workflow system
- F232G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Workflow security
- F233G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Maintain the workflow system
- F234G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Manage work in progress
Upon completion of this course, participants are able to:
- Understand the purpose of component integration in workflow applications.
- Understand the architecture of the Component Manager Frameworks.
- Understand what component queues provide.
- Create and configure a Java component.
- Monitor and maintain component queues.
Component integration concepts
- Purpose of component integration
- Component integrator
- Component Manager Frameworks
- Deciding on a Component Manager Framework
- Component behavior
- Types of components
- Java adapter
- JMS adapter
Create and configure component queues
- How to create and configure component queue
- Procedure: Create and configure a component queue
- Create a code module
- New Component Queue wizard
- Adapter properties
- JAAS credentials
- Configure the Java Message Service adapter
- What is a queue operation?
- Elements of an operation
- Operation parameters
- Import Java component queue operations
- Define JMS component queue operations
- Stopping and starting component queues
- Diagnosing Component Manager issues
- Solutions to Exercises.
- Start and Stop System Components.