Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 for the Site Owner/Power User (55035B)
This course is intended for
- SharePoint Site Owners
- SharePoint Site Collection Administrators
- SharePoint Administrators and Developers
Have strong SharePoint 2010 or 2013 end user skills or have attended “Introduction to SharePoint 2013 for Collaboration and Document Management” or similar.
- Manage Sites and Site Collections
- Add users and groups and manage site, list, folder and item security
- Add and configure web parts
- Configure site options including theme, title, description and icon
- Configure site navigation
- View site activity reports
- Customize lists and libraries
- Configure Check out/in, Content Approval and Versioning
- Create and modify pages and web part pages
Module 1: The Role of the Site Owner
This module provides an introduction to the topics covered in the class, introduces SharePoint terminology and gets a start in navigation.
- What is SharePoint?
- o Team Collaboration
- o Document Management
- o Social Features
- SharePoint Administrative Roles
- o Site Owner
- o Site Collection Administrator
- o Server Administrator
- SharePoint Administration Options by Role
Module 2: Users, Groups and Permissions
This module covers the management of SharePoint users and user security.
- SharePoint Security Best Practices
- Users and Groups
- Adding Users and Groups
- Adding Site Collection Administrators
- Permissions and Permission Levels
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
- Configuring List and Library Permissions
Module 3: Site and Site Collection Features
This module covers the use of SharePoint Features to add and remove functionality.
- What is a Feature?
- Activating and Deactivating Features
- Commonly Used Features
Module 4: Managing Sites and Pages
This module covers the creation and management of SharePoint sites and pages.
- Creating Subsites
- Site Templates
- Configuring the Look and Feel of a Site
- Configuring Navigation Options
- Adding and Managing Pages
- Working with Web Part Pages
- Frequently Used Web Parts
Module 5: Working with Lists and Libraries
This module covers the use of SharePoint lists and libraries.
- SharePoint Lists and List Features
- Document Libraries
- Libraries vs. Lists with Attachments
- Adding Columns to Lists and Libraries
- Column and Item Validation
- Creating List and Library Views
- Working with Office Web Apps
- Organizing Content Using Folders and Metadata
- Picture, Asset and Other Libraries
- Configuring RSS Feeds
- Configuring Incoming Email
Module 6: SharePoint Workflows
This module provides an overview of the SharePoint 2013 workflow features Workflows.
- SharePoint Workflows
- Out of the Box Workflow Demo
Module 7: Monitoring SharePoint Activity
This module covers the use of SharePoint activity reports.
- Storage Reports
- Usage Reports
- Search Reports
Module 8: Advanced Document Management (Optional)
This module explores the document management features of libraries.
- Information Management Policy Settings
- Auditing List and Document Activity
- Working with Site Columns and Content Types
- Built-in Content Types
- Using Document Sets
- Using the Content Organizer
Module 9: SharePoint Apps (Optional)
This module provides explores SharePoint 2013 Apps.
- What is an App?
- Working with Built-in Apps
- The SharePoint App Store
- The Corporate App Store
Module 10: Social Features and the SharePoint Community Site (Optional)
This module covers the use of the SharePoint 2013 Community Site.
- Social Features
- Rating Stars
- Tags and Notes
- Building online communities using SharePoint
- Discussion and Moderation
- Rating discussions and earning points
Module 11: Additional Topics for Site Owners (Optional)
This module covers the several additional topics of interest to Site Owners.
- Managing User Alerts
- List and Library Communications Options