Formation Stormshield Network Administrateur (EDU-CSNA)
The aim of this training course is to present the range and the basic features of the Next Generation Firewall / UTM product.
IT managers, network administrators and IT technicians.
At the end of the course, trainees will be:
- Able to set up the UTM in a network,
- Introduced to configuration in the most generic case figures,
- Able to set up an IPSec VPN with pre-shared key configuration.
Venue, duration and registration
Stormshield offers training programs at its offices in Paris, Lille and Lyon.
Our instructors may also travel to conduct on-site training sessions if there are at least 3 trainees.
Stormshield also relies on its distribution network and training partners to conduct courses.
The Administrator training course takes place over three consecutive days over 21 hours. Trainees are expected to turn up at 9.30 a.m. on the first day of training and at 9 a.m. on the following days (unless otherwise indicated by the instructor or Stormshield). All registration requests have to be sent to your Stormshield Network-certified training center (SNTC) or to Stormshield’s training department (firstname.lastname@example.org). The maximum class size is 8 trainees per session. Training material will be provided for each trainee.
Requirements and hardware
- Good TCP/IP knowledge. Prior training in IP would be a bonus.
- Trainees should be equipped with a laptop on which a Windows operating system (physical or virtual with bridge access) with administrator privileges has been installed in order to conduct the exercises suggested in the training course, as well as the following programs: Firefox, PuTTY (or any other SSH client), WinSCP (or an equivalent SCP client), Wireshark, VirtualBox or Vmware equivalent (Vmware player or Vmware workstation).
- Training and certifications program
- Introduction to the company and Stormshield products
- Standard and optional features on SNS products
- Standard features
- Security packs and software options
- Hardware options
- Handling the firewall
- Registration in the client area and access to the knowledge base
- Initialization of the appliance and introduction to the administration interface
- System configuration and administration privileges
- Installation of the license and update of the system version
- Configuration backup and restoration
- Logs and monitoring
- Introduction to log families
- Introduction to Stormshield Visibility Center
- Embedded activity reports
- Getting started with administration tools
- Concept of objects and types of objects that can be used
- Network and router objects
- Network configuration
- Methods of configuring an appliance in a network
- Types of interfaces (Ethernet, modem, bridge, VLAN and GRETAP)
- Types of routing and priorities
- Address translation (NAT)
- Translation on outgoing traffic (masking)
- Translation on incoming traffic (redirection)
- Two-way translation (bimap)
- General points on filtering and the concept of stateful inspection
- Detailed presentation of the parameters of a filter rule
- Sequencing of filter and translation rules
- Application protection
- Setting up URL filtering
- SMTP filtering and antispam mechanisms
- Configuration of antivirus scans and Breach Fighter sandboxing
- Configuration of host reputation
- Intrusion prevention module and security inspection profiles
- Users & authentication
- Directory configuration
- Introduction to the various authentication methods (LDAP, Kerberos, Radius, SSL certificate, SPNEGO, SSO)
- Setup of explicit authentication via a captive portal
- User enrolment
- Virtual private networks
- IPsec VPN concepts and overview (IKEv1 and IKEv2)
- Site-to-site with pre-shared keys
- Virtual Tunneling Interface
- Dynamic peers
- SSL VPN
- Operating principle
Certification consists of an exam carried out online (1 hour 40 minutes, 70 questions). The minimum score required in order to obtain the certification is 70%.
Access to the exam automatically opens the day after the end of the course on the https://institute.stormshield.eu platform and will remain open for three weeks. In the event of a failure or inability to sit for the exam within this time frame, a second and last attempt will automatically open with immediate effect for an additional week.