Microsoft Cloud Workshop: Continuous Delivery in VSTS and Azure (40511G)
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services as described in the ‘About this Course’ and ‘At Course Completion’ areas. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, meet the course prerequisites, and want to cross-train on Azure.
At Course Completion
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to build templates to automate cloud infrastructure and reduce error-prone manual processes. In addition, you'll create an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template to provision Azure resources, configure continuous delivery with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), configure Application Insights into an application, and create a Visual Studio Team Services project and Git repository.
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
- Microsoft Azure Essentials course
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Continuous delivery with VSTS and Azure
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab - Continuous delivery with VSTS and Azure
- Create an Azure Resource Manager (ARM) template that can provision the web application, SQL database
- Create a Visual Studio Team Services team project and Git Repository
- Create Visual Studio Team Services build definition
- Create Visual Studio Team Services release pipeline
- Trigger a build and release
- Create a feature branch and submit a pull request