Enabling Office 365 Workloads for Collaboration (MS-300T04-A)
This course is designed for IT Professionals who deploy and manage the teamwork infrastructure in their organization.
This is the last in a series of four courses for the Teamwork administrator. These courses help prepare for the exam MS-300: Deploying Microsoft 365 Teamwork.
This course is for the Microsoft 365 teamwork administrator role. The role is responsible for configuring, deploying, and managing Office 365 and Azure workloads that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and adoption. They manage apps, services, and supporting infrastructure to meet business requirements. The administrator is aware of and can differentiate between products and services but may not directly manage each product or service.
The Teamwork administrator must be able to deploy, manage, migrate, and secure SharePoint (online, on-premises, and hybrid), OneDrive, and Teams.
The Teamwork administrator has a fundamental understanding of integration points with the following apps and services: Office, PowerApps, Flow, Yammer, Microsoft Graph, Stream, Planner, and Project. The administrator understands how to integrate third-party apps and services including line-of-business applications.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Experience with Windows PowerShell.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and Azure AD.
- Basic understanding of mobile device management, and alternative operating systems (Android and macOS).
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Evaluate available technological tools.
- Analyze business requirements.
- Develop governance for digital transformation.
- Implement application management governance.
- Manage user adoption and change.
- Monitor collaboration solutions.
- Evaluate Office 365 collaboration workloads.
Module 1: Evaluating Office 365 Collaboration Workloads
Office 365 includes many features that can be used to build collaboration solutions. The core component for building collaboration solutions is SharePoint Online, but other features such as Yammer and Stream can also be used. You need to understand how SharePoint Online and other Office 365 features compare with third-party solutions when designing your solution. You also need to be able to analyze business requirements to ensure that your solution meets business needs.
- Evaluating available technological tools
- Analyzing business requirements
Module 2: Planning and Developing Governance
Successful deployment and management of information technology (IT) requires a consistent and well-defined methodology. Governance is the processes that you follow to define the policies and procedures for deploying and managing IT, including collaboration solutions. You need to consider governance for application management, user adoption, change management, and monitoring.
- Developing Governance for digital transformation
- Implementing application management governance
- User adoption and change management
- Monitoring collaboration solutions
Module 3: Managing Office 365 collaboration workloads
In Office 365, there are many apps and features that you can use for collaboration. You need to understand how to configure these apps and features to meet the needs of your organization. In this module, you will learn about management of Office 365 groups, Power BI, Microsoft Stream, Yammers, Flow, and PowerApps.
- Managing Office 365 collaboration workloads
- Managing Stream capabilities
- Managing Yammer capabilities
- Managing Flow and PowerApps capabilities