Analyzing Data with SQL Server Reporting Services (90 Day) - On Demand (OD10990B)
Microsoft On Demand
Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand (MOC On-Demand) blend video, text, hands-on labs and knowledge checks to help you build your Microsoft technology skills on your own schedule, at your own pace and in your own place. No need to spend time and money travelling to a classroom location or adhering to classroom hours with a computer and an Internet connection, your Microsoft Official Courses On-Demand come to you, any time.
- Microsoft On Demand covers the same objectives as the classroom course by the same name
- After you activate your course, you have 3 months to complete it. You can work on your course at any time throughout the 3-month period after you activate the course.
The primary audience for this course is database professionals who need to fulfil a BI developer role to create reports. Primary responsibilities will include implementing reports and mobile reports.
The secondary audiences for this course are power information workers.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should have technical knowledge equivalent to the following course:
- 20761A: Querying Data with Transact-SQL
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe key features of data modelling within business intelligence
- Describe various report services data sources and how these are configured
- Create reports with report designer and/or report designer
- Configure reports with report designer and/or report builder
- Create SQL Server mobile reports
Module 1: Introduction to Business Intelligence and Data Modelling
In this module students will be introduced to the key concepts in business intelligence, and the Microsoft BI product suite.
- Introduction to business intelligence
- The Microsoft business intelligence platform
- Introduction to reporting services
Describe various Report Services data sources and how these are configured.
- Data connections
- Connection strings
- Filters and parameters
Create reports with report designer or report builder.
- Creating a report with the report wizard
- Creating a report
- Showing data graphically
This module describes how to configure reports with report builder or report designer.
- Implementing filters and parameters
- Implementing sorting and grouping
- Publishing a report
This module describes how to create SQL Server mobile reports.
- Overview of SQL Server mobile reports
- Preparing data for mobile reports
- Mobile report publisher