Secure Mobile Access Advanced Administration (SMAAA)
Training Delivery Modality
Instructor-led training with emphasis on hands-on exercises:
- Traditional Instructor-Led
- Virtual Classroom
- Private On-Site
System engineers, channel partners, service partners, end users.
- An Active CSSA Certification in SMA.
- General networking knowledge and experience:
- It is assumed that the student will have at a thorough understanding of the technologies being used in their environments or the environments of their customers.
- Extensive understanding of networking and networking technologies
- Comfortable with basic command-line utilities
- Knowledge of SSL, certificates, and certificate authorities
- Understanding of directories (LDAP, Microsoft Active Directory, or RADIUS)
- Understanding of VPN technology (IPSec and SSL)
- Have a current CSSA level certification from either the SMABA course.
Section 1: Course Introduction
- Course Introduction
- Classroom environment
- Course materials
Section 2: SMABA review
- Review: Installation
- Review: Authentication Servers
- Review: User Management
- Review: Access Methods
- Review: Resources and Access Control Rules
- Review: Workplace Portal
Section 3: Advanced Concepts
- Adv: Auth Servers and User Management
- Adv: Access Methods
Section 4: End Point Control
- Overview: End Point Control
- Device Profiles
Section 5: Application Access Control
- Overview: Mobile Connect
- Mobile Connect features
- Application Access Control Configuration
Section 6: System Administration
- Network Configuration and Logging
- System Monitoring and Maintenance
- Security Best Practices
- Formative evaluations (knowledge checks and hands-on exercises) are incorporated throughout the course.
- The Certification exam is available on-line via your personal work MySonicWall Account.
- You will be given an activation key that will allow you to access the exam up to three times.
- Any participant who successfully completes this course and passes the certification exam will be deemed a Certified SonicWall Security Professional (CSSP).
- The exam is administered outside the class. 180 minutes are allotted for 60 questions. A passing score is 80% or higher. The exam covers all course material and CSSA content.
- The exam is not restricted to material covered in class, and can include material found in Administrator Guides or Knowledge Base articles.
- At the end of the exam you are immediately notified of your exam score and if you passed or failed the exam.
- Upon successfully passing the exam you will be sent an email containing your CSSP certificate.
- In addition, you can view your certification details, such as the certification expiration date, on MySonicWall. You can also print your certificate and access the CSSP certification logo for use on your business cards, email signatures, and resume.
Duration of certification
All SonicWall Certifications are good for two years from the date that you pass the exam.